Cordant Health Solutions™ is at the forefront of combating today’s opioid epidemic through its network of toxicology laboratories and pharmacies. Cordant is committed to providing cutting-edge solutions for payers, clinicians and agencies involved with addiction, criminal justice and pain management. Cordant is one of the only toxicology laboratories that includes a full-service, high-touch pharmacy that specializes in complex management and dispensing of controlled substances. As a reliable partner, Cordant provides testing protocols, treatment recommendations and considerations and digital case-management tools to help its customers become more efficient and effective. Cordant strives to change the way its clients use toxicology results and assists its clients in navigating the ever-changing industries in which they operate. Laboratories and/or pharmacies are located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington
We are seeking a talented Male Phlebotomist/ Laboratory Collection Specialist to join our Field Operations team in the Hartford and Middletown, CT area. The selected candidate will work as-needed in mental health treatment clinics to collect, log, order, process, and ship blood, urine and/or oral fluid(saliva) specimens for drug testing. Candidates must have extensive phlebotomy experience and reliable transportation as you will be covering multiple locations on an as-needed basis.
The schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm. We are specifically looking for a male candidate at this location, as you may be required to observe same-gender specimen collection. If you do not meet this criteria but are interested in pursing other opportunities with Cordant, please visit our Careers page at http://cordantsolutions.com/careers/ for additional opportunities.
This Laboratory Collection Specialist role is compensated between $14.25-$16.50 per hour.
- Collect, log, order, process, and ship urine, blood, oral, and/or hair specimens to laboratory
- Maintain organization in the collection of all specimens
- Assemble samples for shipping
- File requisitions, chain of custody forms, and associated paperwork
- Collect and scan insurance, as applicable
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or GED is required
- Completion of a phlebotomy program and/or license, as required by state
- 2+ years Phlebotomy experience, required
- Experience in a medical office or treatment clinic is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read names, test codes, follow basic instructions
- Must have basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work under and meet strict deadlines individually as well as a in a team environment
About Cordant Health Solutions:
Working at Cordant Health Solutions means constantly being challenged to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, vibrant environment. Our team members are the key to our success and we are committed to providing an environment that not only offers a fun, positive work environment but also career building opportunities and a positive work/life balance. Sterling Healthcare Services supports its employees by offering a benefits package to full-time employees that includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid time off (PTO) / paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- Short term disability
Cordant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled) that believes diversity leads to a stronger organization.
Department: Laboratory Collection Services (Field)
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs