Cordant Health Solutions™ is at the forefront of combating today’s opioid epidemic through its network of toxicology laboratories and pharmacies. Cordant is committed to providing cutting-edge solutions for payers, clinicians and agencies involved with addiction, criminal justice and pain management. Cordant is one of the only toxicology laboratories that includes a full-service, high-touch pharmacy that specializes in complex management and dispensing of controlled substances. As a reliable partner, Cordant provides testing protocols, treatment recommendations and considerations and digital case-management tools to help its customers become more efficient and effective. Cordant strives to change the way its clients use toxicology results and assists its clients in navigating the ever-changing industries in which they operate. Laboratories and/or pharmacies are located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Quality Control Tech to join our laboratory team in Tacoma, WA. This position is primarily responsible for preparing and maintaining quality control materials and all related record documentation used at Cordant Health Solutions to monitor analytical test accuracy. The Quality Control Technician will assist the Laboratory Director and Quality Assurance Manager in the maintenance of quality control records which may be reviewed during various compliance audits and inspections including but not limited to the College of American Pathologists, National Laboratory Certification Program, the New York State Department of Health or any other agency that may have regulatory oversight. The Quality Control Technician may also be trained to perform minimal routine forensic testing and specimen management functions.
This is a half-time, ongoing position with a schedule of Monday-Friday from 8am-12:30am (totaling roughly 22 hours per week). Ongoing schedule has the potential to be flexible.
- Prepare various quality control materials used to monitor analytical test accuracy including those for initial immunoassay testing, confirmatory testing, specimen validity testing and other testing as dictated by client demand and growth. These include but are not limited to:
- Open quality control material
- Blind quality control material
- Internal standards
- Prepare various chemicals and reagents used in the performance of tests performed by the laboratory
- Develop and maintain systems for the documentation of all quality control materials
- Assist in the collation and reporting of proficiency testing results
- Assist in the preparation of records and materials required for compliance audits
- Develops and maintains a system which allows for the preparation of all quality control materials and reagents as needed by the various operational departments
- Create and maintain records of preparation and validation of all quality control materials and reagents
- Assist Quality Control Manager and Laboratory Director in the design and implementation of an inspection ready lab system
- Assists Quality Assurance Manager in the maintenance of forensic specimens
Education and Experience:
- Must meet one of the following criteria
- Registered ASCP or HEW Medical Technologist, or eligible
- Registered ASCP or HEW Medical Technician, or eligible
- BA or BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Science or related discipline
- One year of relevant laboratory experience preferred, not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Able to interpret and follow complex, written, technical instructions
- Sound technical ability
About Cordant Health Solutions:
Working at Cordant Health Solutions means constantly being challenged to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, vibrant environment. Our team members are the key to our success and we are committed to providing an environment that not only offers a fun, positive work environment but also career building opportunities and a positive work/life balance. Cordant Health Solutions supports its employees by offering a benefits package to eligible employees that includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid time off (PTO) / paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- Short term disability
Cordant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled) that believes diversity leads to a stronger organization.
Department: Laboratory Services (Facility)
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs