Cordant Health Solutions™ is at the forefront of combating today’s opioid epidemic through its network of toxicology laboratories and pharmacies. Cordant is committed to providing cutting-edge solutions for payers, clinicians and agencies involved with addiction, criminal justice and pain management. Cordant is one of the only toxicology laboratories that includes a full-service, high-touch pharmacy that specializes in complex management and dispensing of controlled substances. As a reliable partner, Cordant provides testing protocols, treatment recommendations and considerations and digital case-management tools to help its customers become more efficient and effective. Cordant strives to change the way its clients use toxicology results and assists its clients in navigating the ever-changing industries in which they operate. Laboratories and/or pharmacies are located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington
We are seeking a talented Phlebotomist and Laboratory Collection Specialist to join our Field Operations team in Indiana. Cities covered will include Indianapolis, Bloomington, Columbus, Fishers, and New Castle. The purpose of this position is to provide immediate coverage when our current employees are unavailable to work. The selected candidate will be working in medical clinics to collect, log, order, process, and ship blood, urine and/or oral fluid(saliva) specimens for drug testing. As you may be required to drive to various locations to perform collections, a valid drivers license and proof of insurance are required for the role.
This position will be on-call to cover for staff absences, providing coverage for the day shift. Shifts requiring coverage could be any day Monday - Saturday.
This Laboratory Collection Specialist role is compensated between $12.00-$13.75 per hour.
We endeavor to create ongoing career opportunities for our employees at Cordant, so the potential for promotion or advancement is possible with proven performance. If this position does not meet your professional needs, but you are interested in pursuing other opportunities with Cordant, please visit our Careers page at http://cordantsolutions.com/careers/ for additional opportunities.
- Collect, log, order, process, and ship urine, blood, oral, and/or hair specimens to laboratory
- Maintain organization in the collection of all specimens
- Assemble samples for shipping
- File requisitions, chain of custody forms, and associated paperwork
- Collect and scan insurance, as applicable
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or GED is required
- Completion of a phlebotomy program and/or license, as required by state
- Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, or Nursing Assistant experience, preferred
- Experience in a medical office or treatment clinic is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read names, test codes, follow basic instructions
- Must have basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work under and meet strict deadlines individually as well as a in a team environment
About Cordant Health Solutions:
Working at Cordant Health Solutions means constantly being challenged to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, vibrant environment. Our team members are the key to our success and we are committed to providing an environment that not only offers a fun, positive work environment but also career building opportunities and a positive work/life balance. Cordant Health Solutions supports its employees by offering a benefits package to eligible employees that includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
Cordant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes diversity leads to a stronger organization. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or conviction record, or predisposing genetic characteristics.
Department: Laboratory Collection Services (Field)
This is a prn position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs