Posting Date: March 8, 2017
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
Position: General Accountant
Location: Toronto (YYZ)
Reporting To: Director of Finance
This role is responsible for the integrity of General Ledger and Sub-Ledger, cash management,
preparation of Corporate financial statements and annual budget, leading year end audit, and other
accounting duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the daily and monthly bank reconciliations, recording of all bank transactions and resolving any discrepancies
- Preparation and maintenance of cash flow forecasts ensuring efficient use of operating cash in different currencies
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of A/P and A/R sub-ledgers as well as Balance Sheet accounts and prompt resolution of any errors or omissions identified.
- Processing monthly/quarterly/annual tax filing and payments including HST/GST/QST/Other and income tax installments, maintaining reconciliation of tax accounts
- Assisting the Director of Finance in tax research, Sales Tax Recoveries; SR&ED claims and handling of any tax audits
- Participating in Month-End process by ensuring completeness and correctness of transactions booked, posting accruals if required, liaising with AP/AR team with any corrective actions
- Analysis of corporate financial statements, explanations of variance between actuals and budget, preparation of corporate forecast and annual budget
- Assisting Director of Finance in various operating cost analysis (e.g. crew hotel cost) and identify areas for possible improvement and mitigation for cost over-runs
- Leading year-end audit including all preparation activities, audit confirmation, auditors’ queries, notes to financial statements, etc.
- Preparation and submission of Statistics Canada reporting on timely basis
- Recommendation of process improvements, automations, and internal controls
- Other duties that may be assigned.
The successful candidate should have at least 3 years working experience in a similar role and should be able to clearly demonstrate examples of behavior adhering to Sky Regional’s vision and values.
- Diligent, hardworking, well organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrates self-initiative and professionalism
- Solid understanding of GAAP and the accounting cycle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong computer and Excel skills
- Airline industry experience is an asset
- Great Plains Dynamics and FRX experience is an asset
- Designated or working towards an accounting designation highly preferable
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration,
- Enrollment in a professional designation (CMA, CGA, CA or CPA)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Sky Regional Airlines