Sunrise Children’s Foundation (SCF) delivers a full scope of services from birth to five and provides a comprehensive continuum of care to ensure that children in Nevada have a chance at success. Founded in 1993, SCF currently provides multiple programs throughout Clark County, employs approximately 180 individuals and touches the lives of over 150,000 children and families annually. The organization’s mission is helping children to fulfill their potential of safe, healthy and educated lives.
IT Help Desk Technician (P/T)
The IT Help Desk provides user support, technical assistance and customer service on company-supported computer systems, hardware, or software. This position will provide maintenance of computer environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and responding to Help Desk requests. This position is responsible for administration and internal support of the Foundation’s desktop & laptop computers, tablets, printers, servers, and other related equipment. Other tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades, and configuration. This position will also analyze and escalate issues to our third party IT support vendor as needed.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Serve as first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, or in person for issues (examples: Outlook setting changes, unable to print, unable to connect to networks, etc.)
- Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by employees
- Respond to queries either by phone, email, remote access, or in person when appropriate
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc for local workstations
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with on-boarding of new users
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse using standard hardware, images and software
- Install, test and configure new workstations, tablets, peripheral equipment, and software
- Clean up computers
- Escalate unresolved issues to the third party vendor
- Record events, problems and resolutions in IT Logs
- Follow-up and update employees on status and information
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Forward any feedback or suggestions by employees to the appropriate Administration team member
- Prepare weekly activity reports for Facilities Manager and/or Executive Director
- Inform management of any recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Manage product licenses (examples: Office, SureFox, LastPass, ChildPlus, etc)
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Assist/Manage organizational-wide IT projects such as implementing Office 360 including email server, configuring multiple iPads for redistribution as Timeclocks,
- Education & Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Bachelors in IT, Computer Science or relevant field is preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- 2 years of relevant technical experience is preferred
- Experience in interpreting and implementing a Policies and Procedures manual;
- Upon hire, must be able to be added to Foundation’s auto policy
- Upon hire, must submit negative TB results (One-Step Skin Test or Chest X-Ray) prior to internship start date
- Upon hire, must have a physical performed and document submitted prior to internship start date
- Upon hire, must pass criminal background and child care licensing check.
- Upon hire, must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic to intermediate technical issues
- Able to maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work activities;
- Sound judgment and decision making;
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing using the English language
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently with attention to detail.
Typically sit at a desk or table. Occasionally walk, stand, crawl or stoop. Regularly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Travel from site to site using company or personal vehicles and work for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail.
This description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related certifications, knowledge and skills.
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs