Sunrise Children’s Foundation (SCF) delivers a full scope of services from birth to five and provides a comprehensive continuum of care to ensure that children in Nevada have a chance at success. Founded in 1993, SCF currently provides multiple programs throughout Clark County, employs approximately 180 individuals and touches the lives of over 150,000 children and families annually. The organization’s mission is helping children to fulfill their potential of safe, healthy and educated lives.
The Grants Coordinator works under the direction of the Finance Manager in the preparation and submittal of reimbursement requests for multiple federal and corporate grants. Communicates with grantors to ensure adequate support is gathered and maintained for all programs and grants. Follows procedures to remain in compliance with all regulatory, grantor agency, and policy requirements. Assist in the completion of the monthly fiscal close and verifies that all transactions have been appropriately recorded to the correct program/grant.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Prepare, submit, and record payments of monthly Requests for Reimbursement for all programs/grants, ensuring that each reimbursement includes all required support and documentation. Be able to submit all grant reports by required deadlines.
- File and maintain the required supporting documents for all reimbursement request and draws.
- Update grant tracking reports for all programs/grants and ensure expenses are recorded accurately. Be able to provide support for any material variances or inconsistencies.
- Communicate with grantors to ensure that grants are in compliance with regulations. Also, address grant related issues that may arise during the grant term.
- As needed, be able to assist in the entering and reviewing of accounts payable and expense disbursements. Be able to verify that items were properly purchased, and approved in accordance with established fiscal policies.
- Assist in the completion of assigned fiscal responsibilities, including but not limited to preparing journal entries, reconciliations, monthly reports, etc.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, accounting or related-field is required
- 2-3 years previous working experience in a fiscal environment is mandatory
- Experience working in and coordinating with fiscal office is necessary
- Knowledge & Skills
- General knowledge of Uniform Guidance and regulation regarding use of federal funds
- General knowledge of accounting guidelines
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Windows and Office environment (Word, Excel, Outlook) and standard office equipment;
- Comfortable with Excel formulas
- Comfortable with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment;
- Able to maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work activities;
- Sound judgment and decision making;
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently with attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
- Must be able to work independently and keep clear and accurate records.
- Ability to demonstrate organization and problem-solving skills is a must.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks effectively, set priorities and ensure follow-through
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, understand, and interpret policies and other necessary materials
- Physical Demands
Must be able to work for long periods of time while maintaining concentrated attention to detail.
Must be able to sit a table or desk for long periods of time with occasional standing, walking, squatting, stooping or reaching.
Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object weighing up to 50 pounds.
Use tools and equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity
Must be able to travel by car, bus, airplane or train for training or program activities as needed
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs