Sunrise Children’s Foundation (SCF) delivers a full scope of services from birth to five and provides a comprehensive continuum of care to ensure that children in Nevada have a chance at success. Founded in 1993, SCF currently provides multiple programs throughout Clark County, employs approximately 180 individuals and touches the lives of over 150,000 children and families annually. The organization’s mission is helping children to fulfill their potential of safe, healthy and educated lives.
The Handyman/Maintenance Tech is primarily responsible for the overall maintenance, safety and functionality of all Sunrise Children’s Foundation locations including the well-being of its participants and staff. This position also assists Program Managers as needed and can be asked to perform certain aspects of those duties as directed when necessary. This position is often referred to as a "handyman" or "Jack/Jill of all trades".
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Keep some of the premises, grounds, and parking lots clean and in orderly condition;
- Perform repair maintenance of all centers and clinics which could include: touch-up painting, light carpentry, installing shelves, minor plumbing & lighting repairs, use of small hand tools, cleaning plumbing back-ups, hauling trash, moving furniture & supplies, etc.;
- Purchase supplies, furniture, equipment necessary for small repair jobs or replacement;
- Assist in with routine maintenance of motor and responds to breakdowns;
- Advises Facilities Manager and Coordinator of any maintenance/repair problems observed or reported while on site; periodically inspects units, buildings and common areas and reports findings as needed.
- Submits work orders, prepares disbursement forms/expense requisitions as required;
- Fulfills, completes and coordinates work order requisitions in coordination with Facilities Manager and Coordinator;
- Advises and/or responds to emergencies as needed;
- Makes every effort to maintain safety standards and procedures including reporting of possible violations, monitoring fire extinguishers and emergency lighting;
- With Facilities Coordinator, oversees various maintenance projects and vendors servicing, HVAC, plumbing, renovations, carpentry, electrical, masonry, roofing, fencing, signage and custodial work including routing floor and carpet cleaning;
- Assist in delivery, set-up and arrangement of event tables, chairs and decorations at centers, multi-purpose room or special events;
- Notify property management of necessary repairs / hazards and report progress to management;
- Transport small equipment, tools or furniture between departments, buildings, locations;
- Organize warehouse and inventory
- Performs a variety of routine physical work which may include: pick-up & delivery of various items (including warehouse inventory such as cases of diapers), bulk shipments needing disbursement to various locations and furniture which could require light assembly;
- Ability to work independently without supervision yet adapt to constantly changing priorities and demands as directed;
- Be available for scheduled 'on-call' shifts, for emergencies as a first-responder, for alarms, failures or other severe threats to property, especially those arising from weather events;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education & Experience
3-5 years cleaning experience and maintenance experience in a related field;
- Must have minimum HS diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and 3 years or more of a clean DMV record.
- Must be at least 21 years old (per insurer’s guidelines).
- Must be approved by SCF insurer to be added to corporate auto insurance policy.
- Must obtain a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Work Card (Sheriff’s Card) and a North Las Vegas Work Card (Sheriff’s Card) for Child Care prior to hire date and maintain for the duration of employment.
- Must submit negative TB results (One-Step Skin Test or Chest X-Ray ) prior to hire date and every two years for the duration of employment.
- Must have a physical performed and document submitted prior to hire date and submit every five years for the duration of employment.
- Must pass criminal background and child care licensing check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
- Must be able to work independently and keep clear and accurate records.
- Identify all licenses and/or certifications required by law or policy to perform duties
- Ability to demonstrate organization and problem-solving skills is a must.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks effectively, set priorities and ensure follow-through.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, understand, and interpret policies and other necessary materials
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to perform under pressure and work with and around various staff, infants, toddlers as well as professional inspectors, reviewers and state/federal agencies.
- Must be able to safely operate required vehicles including forklift.
- Must be able to safely drive delivery vans & standard vehicles and follow all county, state, and federal laws applicable to driving.
- Experience driving a forklift is helpful or be willing to learn to operate a forklift safely
- Physical Demands
- This position is physically demanding, requiring good physical condition & ability to lift heavy objects of varying shapes, sizes, and weights repeatedly over long periods of time.
- Ability to drive a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without material handling equipment is required.
- Must have manual dexterity to drive bend, lift, walk and climb.
- Must be comfortable on a ladder.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or squat.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs