Are you a Registered Nurse with training and mentoring expertise in the long-term care industry? Then we would like to talk to you about our opening for a Staff Development Director at Maryville, a 181-bed long-term care and skilled nursing facility on the tree-lined, 43-acre campus of the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon in Beaverton.
Our new Staff Development Director will be responsible for assisting with the hire and orientation of all new staff including CNAs, caregivers and licensed nurses, ongoing education needs of all facility staff, policy development, coordination of some patient care services, as well as daily collaboration with the director of nursing and administrator related to other short-term projects. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the long-term care industry and experience teaching and coaching adult learners, both in a classroom setting and at the patient bedside. The proven ability to communicate clearly and develop collaborative relationships with team members is also critical.
Other requirements include:
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and electronic medical records systems.
- Proficiency with the operation of common Audio/Visual equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects, and function effectively as a self-directed leader of multiple initiatives.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, nights and weekends, based on facility need.
Compensation includes full benefits: medical/vision insurance (that covers naturopathy, acupuncture, chiropractic, and massage therapy); choice of PPO or HMO dental insurance; an employee assistance program; company-paid life and disability insurance; cell phone discount programs; and a generous employer match for retirement account contributions.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest.
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon Ministries Corporation