Maryville, a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon, has an opening for an energetic and congenial activities assistant. This is a full-time position with full benefits. Must work alternating weekends.
Requirements include the ability to establish strong rapport with Maryville residents and their families and friends, a proven track record of reliable attendance and attention to detail, must be an individual with abundance of patience, the ability to read and write in English, the ability to lift up to 45 pounds on an infrequent basis, the ability to stand and walk for several hours at a time, and the ability to pass the background check required of all campus employees. Preference is given to applicants who have experience implementing an activities program.
• Assists in carrying out activity programs as identified in the monthly calendar and as instructed by the activities director, including making sure copies of the calendar are posted throughout the facility and available to each resident, his or her families, and friends.
• Provides one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
• Assists in decorating for the holidays with the help of residents and the volunteers and helps carryout special events.
• Coordinates with the activities director and other staff as necessary to bring residents to and from activities and events.
•Assists with maintaining activity equipment and supplies, and organizes the activities storage areas in an orderly and clean manner.
• Assists in carrying out activity programs in the absence of the Activities Director.
• Assists with quarterly special events that include residents, families, friends and the community at large.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: • High School diploma or equivalent. • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. • Ability to speak effectively before groups of residents, staff and volunteers.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position