Purpose of Position:
Electrician/Journeyman is responsible for performing duties related to the installation, alteration, repair, replacement and maintenance of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment. Must meet strict daily and weekly project deadlines. Performs tasks independently or as a team under limited supervision. Often supervises work performed by others. Reports to Electrician, Leadman, Foreman, or Superintendent as assigned. “Unqualified” workers and are prohibited from working on energized circuits or equipment or within the limited approach boundary in accordance with the NFPA 70-E current version.
Education, Experience, and/or Prerequisites Required:
1. Must have five (5) or more years of previous electrical experience (industrial/commercial)
2. Must possess appropriate state driver’s license if driving company vehicle
3. Must maintain Starr Electric minimum tool list
4. Must be able to arrive and depart to and from the jobsites (mode of transportation)
5. Pass all criminal record and drug testing requirements of the job
6. High School education, High School graduate, or GED or Vocational Background preferred
7. Complete on-the-job training, as required
8. Must have the ability to read and write (English) to effectively communicate
Job Type: Full-time
- Journeyman Electrician: 5 years
- High school or equivalent
Starr Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to working towards and maintaining a diverse workforce by providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other protected group status defined by law.
This is a full time position