Archeological Field Technicians
Straughan Environmental, Inc. is a successful, rapidly growing, woman-owned business that provides high-quality and cost effective environmental and cultural resources consulting services to a wide variety of clients in the government and private sectors.
Straughan is currently seeking on call archaeological field technicians, local to the Baltimore/Washington region, to join our Sustainable Design Team for work on primarily local projects.
Responsibilities will include completion of Phase I, II, and III archeological fieldwork, and may also include report documentation tasks.
Desirable candidates will have experience conducting pedestrian and sub-surface surveys in the mid-Atlantic and will be familiar with prehistoric and historic archeological resources commonly found in the Mid-Atlantic.
Field technicians will need to be able to carry field equipment, perform shovel test pits, and maintain accurate records of shovel test pits, excavation units and other survey conditions.
Work performed outside will be performed in variable weather conditions and may entail long days. This is an entry level position.
- 1-5 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, Archeology or related field.
- Completion of an archeological field school within the Mid-Atlantic.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with cultural resource regulations and policy.
- Experience using Trimble GPS, Total Station, and GIS.
Department: Sustainable Design
This is a non-management position
This is an on call position