Looking for an exciting and challenging position? We are seeking a motivated Software Engineer to provide a hybrid of software development and operations support. The candidate will be part of a small, end-to-end application development team that builds the UI, analytics, business rules, data ingest, processing & storage, and operations to automate workflow for mission tradecraft.
- Four plus (4+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least one (1) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- Strong Java skills are required
- Experience with RESTful services, SpringBoot, SprintData and jQuery
- Experience with MONGO or similar noSQL databases is desired
- Familiarity with Agile development using the Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Linux is a must for both development and operations support
- Ability to research andsystem administration and operational support tasking, for example:
- Managing IAVA patches
- Firewall rules and configuration using firewall
- Managing virtual servers on MASH and coordinating with MASH team, as required
- User management (and other system management like salt, puppet, ansible)
- Help setup and manage Docker
- Help team move from svn to git
SealingTech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules and generous vacation policies. Perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. We're looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, and be willing to grow with us.
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
As a federal contractor, we provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department by email at hr @ sealingtech.org or by mail at 7134 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 160, Columbia, MD 21046. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made by the Human Resources Manager and will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Team: PMO Team
This is a full time position
Closing Date: 8/1/2019
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with FS Poly
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs