Full time position
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is a veteran owned small business (VOSB) that provides knowledge and expertise in advanced cybersecurity technologies, techniques and trainings to the federal government, most notably, the Department of Defense.
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is looking for Controller to join the team! This position will be responsible for working alongside the CFO to maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The Controller will manage the day-to-day accounting including, but not limited to, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, bank reconciliation, job cost accounting, indirect rate allocation, and monthly financial close.
- Helps guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any applicable field
- Experience with Government Contracting (Department of Defense)
- Experience with Unanet and/or other accounting services
- Experience with Time & Expense Systems and Financial Software
- Experience with working with small business
- Experience with the migration and streamline of Accounting Systems
- Direct experience with Unanet
- CPA license preferred but not required
SealingTech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules and generous vacation policies. Perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. We're looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, and be willing to grow with us.
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
As a federal contractor, we provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department by email at hr @ sealingtech.org or by mail at 7134 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 160, Columbia, MD 21046. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made by the Human Resources Manager and will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Team: Business Management Team
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Closing Date: 8/25/2019
Security Clearance: None Required but Clearable
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs