DevOps Systems Engineer
Are you always trying to find a better way to do things? Do you enjoy working with and learning from others? Do you build, test, and experiment on your own time? We want to meet you. SealingTech is a Veteran Owned Small Business focusing on Cyber Security services for the DoD. We pride ourselves on our "work to live" rather than "live to work" mentality. Check out our competitive benefits and amazing company culture at our career site: www.sealingtech.org/careers
Location: Columbia, Md
Recommended Degrees (Bachelors): Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems
Seeking a Systems Engineer to help design and install DevOps pipelines utilizing both Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD). The Systems Engineer will support the following:• Continuous improvement in system visibility and applications with advanced monitoring, metrics and log analytics
• Identification of root causes on critical problems throughout the platform, incident reports and the organization of the engineering team members in steps to resolve issues
• Architect and support the building, deployment and manage of product release workflow and live deployments, through a continuous delivery system
Requirements:• US citizenship
• 2+ years of related and applicable experience
• Experience with VMware vSAN technologies. Strong understanding of VMware and scripting and deployment automation technologies
• Knowledge of managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools such as: Jenkins, Docker, SonarQube, Automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
• Experience with the following:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Active Directory
• Excellent team building skills, including cross-functional team building and ability to analyze metrics, identify dysfunctions, and make recommendations to senior management
• Strong system-level troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and resolve performance and scalability bottlenecks
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer daily
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP-6)
• Familiarity with security guides such as DISA STIGs
• Knowledge of DoD processes, procedures, and terminology
SealingTech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and generous vacation policies. Perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, company retreats and gatherings, and free gym access, just to name a few! We're looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, and be willing to grow with us.
SealingTech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules and generous vacation policies. Perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. We're looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, and be willing to grow with us.
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
As a federal contractor, we provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department by email at hr @ sealingtech.org or by mail at 7134 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 160, Columbia, MD 21046. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made by the Human Resources Manager and will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Team: R&D Team
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Closing Date: 6/25/2019
Security Clearance: None Required but Clearable
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs