The successful candidate will develop software in an Agile development approach to analytic development. They will be developing cloud based analytics using Map Reduce techniques. They will be using innovative techniques to derive additional information from existing data to refine information utilized by the Operations team. They may also incorporate new sources of data, and provide summary information about the data they are working with. Development is primarily in Java, but may also utilize Python and Pig to accomplish objectives.
What you will like about this position…
- Working in a dynamic environment in an Agile environment.
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce.
- Eight plus (8+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least three (3) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- Experience in scrum-based Agile development environments
- Strong Java development skills
- Experience with Apache NiFi
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Experience with customer’s GM and MASH architectures is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Jira (or other tool)
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
SealingTech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules and generous vacation policies. Perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. We're looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, and be willing to grow with us.
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
As a federal contractor, we provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department by email at hr @ sealingtech.org or by mail at 7134 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 160, Columbia, MD 21046. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made by the Human Resources Manager and will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Team: PMO Team
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Closing Date: 10/1/2019
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with FS Poly
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs