The Automation Engineer will be a key member of the team at our Aurora, Illinois facility supporting our CNC and robotics assembly cells along with support of our plastic sheet extrusion line at times. This individual needs to be a self-starter who seeks out opportunities to improve the functionality of our manufacturing process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implement automated systems for use in diverse manufacturing and production environments.
- Lead collaborative discussions between leadership and key stakeholders to determine automation capabilities and goals.
- Create detailed road maps to guide automation projects from conception to final implementation.
- Support existing automation technology with component and process upgrades.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in manufacturing methods, and trends and developments in technology and equipment; applies this knowledge to maintain the organization’s competitive edge.
- Develops and maintains management information, planning, and control systems.
- Implements methods and modifications to reduce production costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PLC Logic
- CAD experience
- Knowledge of thermodynamics
- Experience with the design and implementation of automated systems for manufacturing
- CNC Programming
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering required.
- 5+ years of engineering experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 KG at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas in the facility and access all machinery.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs