Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, layout, install and repair a wide variety of complex electrical equipment including automatic machine and process controls, control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers, and electronic controls.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective control modules, test and make adjustments.
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and plant facilities including air compressors, and lighting systems.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- To work safely following legislated and Bedford Technology safety rules and practices.
- Ensure that the Policies and Procedures of the company are followed.
- To support open communications among all departments emphasizing a team approach. Convey and support a sense of community, commitment and respect with all employees
- Ensure accurate time-keeping records
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Perform any other task or work assignment that may be delegated from time to time by the supervisor
- High school diploma or its equivalent required. Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required. Electrical License preferred (Journeyman or Master)
- 3-5 years of proven commercial/industrial experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities
- Familiarity with CAD systems(s)
- Demonstrable proficiency with or ability to learn PLC programming
- Experience with trouble shooting, repairs, and maintenance of processing and automated equipment.
- Have or be able to obtain a Master Electrician license
- Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling and the ability to communicate clearly on technical and business topics in English.
- Conduit bending and layout necessary
- Ability to read Schematics
- VFD programming and trouble shooting
- Panel building experience
- Experience with various electronic sensors
- Capable of programming process controls (temperature and pressure controllers)
- Standing, stooping and bending to inspect products and equipment within the production facility and to inspect quality details.
- Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required.
- Lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
Primarily in a production plant environment. Exposure to hot, dirty, noisy and congested conditions.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs