LUXURY WITH WILD ABANDON
Situated on 3,500 acres of lush ranch land outside of Park City, Utah,
The Lodge at Blue Sky invites guests to slow down and forge meaningful connections with the land, animals and people that call Blue Sky home.
Owners Mike + Barb Phillips are genuine stewards of the earth. Together they have designed five mediums through which guests can reconnect with the natural world:
The understated elegance & organic architecture of Blue Sky’s 46 rooms + suites; nourishing mountain modern cuisine utilizing storied, sustainable ingredients;
an iconic wellness sanctuary perched at the edge of a precipice where earth meets sky; the High West whiskey distillery which lovingly crafts small batch whiskey from grain to glass; and curated activities for guests of all ages which invoke a rich Western heritage.
Blue Sky is a place of soul and spirit, located 40 minutes from Salt Lake City International AirportAuberge Resorts Collection has built its reputation on creating one-of-a-kind properties and experiences that capture the soul of each destination. The Lodge at Blue Sky is a true Western getaway on a private 3,500-acre ranch. Luxury as nature intended in the Wasatch Mountain Range.
We are searching for an experienced Marketing Manager with a successful background in eCommerce, digital marketing and CRM with the luxury hospitality space. Someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, who is innovative, has developed differentiating strategies and is willing to roll up their sleeves to make things happen.
DIGITAL, SOCIAL & INTERACTIVE MEDIA
- Storytelling: Effectively tell the story of Blue Sky across all platforms and channels to ensure a successful launch year.
- Social Media: Independently manage the resort’s social media channels and strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Social Media: Effectively manage social media advertising spend
- Social Media: Create innovative social media campaigns and strategies to position the resort within the luxury market, with emphasis on driving room nights (through group and leisure), dining covers, special events and weddings, spa appointments, heli-ski packages, special seasonal offers and event weekends
- Social Media: Foster continued understanding of the social media environment, its evolving shape, and relevant trends
- Social Media: Initiate conversations and build relationships with digital influencers and bloggers on a consistent basis
- Social Media: Compile monthly reports to measure the success of the resort’s social media strategies
- Blog: Manage and generate meaningful/relevant blog content to highlight Blue Sky life, such as interviews with our farmers, beekeepers, etc.
- Email Newsletters: Manage and execute bi-monthly email newsletters to a global database, ensuring content is on-brand and effective at lead generation
- Database Management: Maintaining a regularly scrubbed database which is up-to-date and accurate
- Online Community Engagement: Monitor communities for mentions of the resort and outlets and respond appropriately
- Team Communication: Liaise with operations team to connect with on-site guests that are posting about their experience
- Industry Trends: Maintain an awareness of the latest tools, platforms and best practices
- Industry Trends: Monitor blogs relevant to industry and luxury market and report key findings to leadership
- Website: Update and maintain property website, working with the operation teams to ensure accuracy
- Website: Present monthly site performance summaries
- Digital Strategy: Support the digital media strategy, such as display and PPC initiatives by participating in weekly calls
- Content Management: Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all digital channels
- Third-Party Sites: Manage and maintain the resort’s online presence in all channels, including but not limited to travel sales channels – Booking.com, Expedia, third party promotional sites, travel blogs, etc.
- Trip Advisor: Guide property responses to reviews on sites such as Trip Advisor, collaborate with internal teams to garner positive posts. Provide training to on property staff when necessary.
- PR: Support the development of innovative publicity programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the resorts, spa, culinary programs, services, and personnel through the use of digital media
- PR: Liaise with the PR agency to maximize press coverage
- PR: Responsibilities include presenting business needs to the agency, collaborating and ideating new offerings, promotions, and events, and facilitating media visits and tours
- Photo/Video Shoots: Coordinate and plan photo shoots and filming in the resort, excluding third party and wedding related shoots
- Digital Asset Management: Maintain and update photo and video library
- Events: Attend resort promotional events as needed
- Travel Trade Marketing: Manage all co-marketing initiatives with travel trade consortia (such as Virtuoso and Traveller Made) as well as Tour Operator partners
- Resort Collateral: Update the e-brochure and adventure as needed as new programs are developed and new digital assets are acquired
ANCILLARY RESORT REVENUES
- Marketing point of contact for departments they support which include all F&B, Spa, Events, Activities
- Write and execute channel marketing plans for each of these areas
- Responsible for the development/upkeep of all content, promotions, assets, collateral, and marketing communication for these departments
- Writes copy, promotions, messaging and advertorial
- Meets with the departments bi-weekly to implement marketing needs, keeps updated notes and follows up on action items
- Fulfills CRM calendar for each area working with digital marketing agency
- Oversees collateral, touch points, gains alignment from the resort and then executes the marketing plan for each area
- Develop, write and design ALL marketing messages/guest facing communications for their respective areas with resort leadership approval and working with the resort for deployment
- Oversee deployment of marketing messages for all appropriate channels
- Develop and execute channel marketing plans for the revenue areas
- Supply advertorial and paid newsletter, promotional and offer a copy as needed
- Manage in-house printing for their ancillary departments
- Manage projects as assigned by Leadership
- Build and maintain impeccable professional reputation on behalf of the properties and the Auberge Resorts Collection (ARC) at all times.
- Maintain an accurate Marketing Expense Forecast, including reporting on monthly summaries of expenses
- Instrumental in setting and establishing resort marketing annual budgets
- Completing Marketing presentations to ownership as required
- Establish rapport and work closely with colleagues from ARC Home Marketing Office
- Negotiate marketing contract elements within ARC guidelines and property limitations.
- Focus on results-oriented strategies and take ownership of digital channels
- Apply critical thinking and offer recommendations for optimizing channel effectiveness
- Comply with company standards for marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers, resort executive committee and home office
- Serve as a steward of the ARC brand, ensuring that all content and materials align with the company’s positioning and personality
- Assist with the development of all direct sales presentation material for both travel industry and group sales.
- Proofread all marketing material, including collateral, advertising, promotional pieces, guest correspondence, etc.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- BA or BS degree.
- Five to seven years of experience in a marketing capacity within the luxury hospitality/travel industry
- Experience with social media platforms, consumer engagement and strong awareness of the digital marketing platforms
- Must possess a broad knowledge of all aspects of high-end resort operations, with a strong emphasis on Marketing and Public Relations
- Ability to communicate the unique narrative of The Lodge at Blue Sky as a transformational travel destination.
- Excellent written command of English, essential
- Ability to think clearly and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to abide by and uphold standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; multi-task.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and resort information.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office software and graphic design programs.
- Knowledge of the resorts geographic areas, competitors, and business trends.
- Knowledge of destination, activities, gourmet food & beverage and spas
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings as needed for the benefit of resorts
- Knowledge and genuine interest in travel & food and wine.
- Some local, regional and U.S. travel may be required
- The position will be located on property at The Lodge at Blue Sky in Park City, Utah.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- A constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About The Lodge at Blue Sky
Blue Sky Utah. Forty six luxurious rooms and suites on 3,500 secluded acres, all with stunning Wasatch Mountain views. A stream flows year-round, and wildlife abounds. Wander the property on foot or horseback in warmer months or cross country skis and snow-shoes in winter. Every mountain activity imaginable is at your fingertips, while the Spa at Blue Sky, High West Distillery and five-star dining are just outside your front door.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.