LUXURY WITH WILD ABANDON
Situated on 3,500 acres of lush ranch land outside of Park City, Utah,
The Lodge at Blue Sky invites guests to slow down and forge meaningful connections with the land, animals and people that call Blue Sky home.
Owners Mike + Barb Phillips are genuine stewards of the earth. Together they have designed five mediums through which guests can reconnect with the natural world:
The understated elegance & organic architecture of Blue Sky’s 46 rooms + suites; nourishing mountain modern cuisine utilizing storied, sustainable ingredients;
an iconic wellness sanctuary perched at the edge of a precipice where earth meets sky; the High West whiskey distillery which lovingly crafts small batch whiskey from grain to glass; and curated activities for guests of all ages which invoke a rich Western heritage.
Blue Sky is a place of soul and spirit, located 40 minutes from Salt Lake City International AirportJOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Senior Event Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
DIRECT REPORT: Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Wanship, Utah
This position involves the sales, planning, execution, and service of Catering & Event functions at The Lodge at Blue Sky. Responsible for pro-active direct sales, marketing, appointments, site inspections, on-site coordination and execution of all event and catering functions. Works as a liaison to client and hotel to create unique and memorable experiences for our guests. Travel may be required to represent hotel at various trade shows and exhibits.
The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is innovative, results-driven with a desire to exceed customer expectations. Exceptional business acumen with attention to detail, forecast accuracy, budget preparation. Focused on revenue generation with differentiating strategies. A leader and active member of the team, handling high profile catering and events. Willing to roll up their sleeves to make things happen.
The role will report directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing and General Manager.
- Supervision and overall responsibility of the Catering and Event Management functions in large Blue Sky event spaces (such as the Arena) as well as all functions within The Lodge. This includes but is not limited to Menu and Event Proposals, Contracts, Banquet Event Orders, Catering Resumes, Daily Events Report, and Delphi Input Standards.
- Actively prospect and solicit, develop, and maintain catering accounts through telephone, personal sales calls, trade shows, and on-site entertainment.
- Strong financial acumen with experience completing accurate forecasts.
- Establishing and executing an annual Strategic Plan and Financial Budget.
- Finalize the requirements of catering and group events while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events and corporate events in larger Blue Sky event spaces. Review all function space with banquet management. Ensure the satisfaction of the client at the outset of all events.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on the property and keep Executive Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities, and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance a client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Menu Tastings and Planning Site Visits.
- Identify new markets and business opportunity to increase sales.
- Demonstrates professional and confident communication skills with clients and staff.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Implements all sales action plans related to my market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Solicits new, and builds on existing, catered contracted business to exceed revenue goals.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Able to support the resort’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Work closely with Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Develop strong relationships with on property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
- Attending all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand the customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24-hour response timeline to clients.
High School Graduate (required)
College Education (preferred)
Proven success in a similar role, prefer 4 years of Catering, Event & Wedding experience in a luxury market.
Experience in hotels/resorts or event planning is required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to independently solve problems with several variables. Ability to create, negotiate and defend contracts, addendums, and other contractual obligation documents.
- Ability to negotiate, sell and influence group business decision makers and influencers.
- Ability to research and identify top prospects for growth of an existing account and develop new accounts.
- Ability to be self-motivated and to achieve goals with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of information.
- Knowledge of sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, PowerPoint, LinkedIn, Salesforce).
- Excellent spoken and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team from a remote sales office.
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to owners, guests, executives, managers, and employees.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one, small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to sell ideas persuasively and energetically.
- Ability to coach and mentor on property sales assistants.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial data.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization.
- Ability to embody the company’s mission, vision & culture.
- Ability to use systems and equipment including personal computer, fax machine, copier, calculator, MS office, property management system, and other software/machinery as required.
- Ability to plan and execute sales trips on budget and in compliance with corporate travel policy.
- Excellent fluency in English.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy, prioritize, and organize.
- Ability to remain calm when resolving problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers from a remote office.
- Delphi database system.
- Sales Force software for account management.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm's’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
About The Lodge at Blue Sky
Blue Sky Utah. Forty six luxurious rooms and suites on 3,500 secluded acres, all with stunning Wasatch Mountain views. A stream flows year-round, and wildlife abounds. Wander the property on foot or horseback in warmer months or cross country skis and snow-shoes in winter. Every mountain activity imaginable is at your fingertips, while the Spa at Blue Sky, High West Distillery and five-star dining are just outside your front door.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Sales & Marketing
This is a management position
This is a full time position