LUXURY WITH WILD ABANDON
Situated on 3,500 acres of lush ranch land outside of Park City, Utah,
The Lodge at Blue Sky invites guests to slow down and forge meaningful connections with the land, animals and people that call Blue Sky home.
Owners Mike + Barb Phillips are genuine stewards of the earth. Together they have designed five mediums through which guests can reconnect with the natural world:
The understated elegance & organic architecture of Blue Sky’s 46 rooms + suites; nourishing mountain modern cuisine utilizing storied, sustainable ingredients;
an iconic wellness sanctuary perched at the edge of a precipice where earth meets sky; the High West whiskey distillery which lovingly crafts small batch whiskey from grain to glass; and curated activities for guests of all ages which invoke a rich Western heritage.
Blue Sky is a place of soul and spirit, located 40 minutes from Salt Lake City International AirportJOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Banquet Chef
Location: Wanship, Utah (The Lodge at Blue Sky)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Executive Chef
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through.
- Ability to think clearly, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines as they pertain to delivering quality food service to resort guests and owners.
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and remain calm.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of all facets of an A La Carte kitchen, as well as a Full-Service Resort or Hotel kitchen; this includes, but is not limited to proficiency in cooking meat, fish, vegetables, stock and sauce making, intermediate or greater command of butchery, organizing and executing banquets or other private dining functions, basic expediting skills.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and resort requirements - KEEP YOUR KITCHEN CLEAN!
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, safely and properly.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/resort policies and procedures.
- Meet with Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to job performance.
- Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes; post all function orders for each respective 7-day week.
- Ensure that scheduled staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for scheduled staff, as necessary.
- Prepare/assign production and prep work for Line Cooks and Prep Cooks to complete. Prioritize all tasks and ensure they are completed in a correct and timely fashion.
- Communicate additions and changes to daily kitchen assignments before or as they arise during each shift.
- Ensure that all shift(s) complete all mise en place necessary to conduct their respective service.
- Ensure that Prep staff completes functions in a timely fashion for the required service.
- Complete opening duties:
- Set up work station with proper tools, mise en place and equipment according to kitchen standards, as necessary.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure that everything complies with kitchen standards.
- Check production schedule and daily pars. Ensure that daily production is organized,
- prioritized and on track.
- Inform Chef of any items /supplies needed for the day’s tasks as necessary.
- Restock dry goods, fresh products, cooking wines in the appropriate areas as per need.
- Ensure that all orders are properly received, inspected and put away in an orderly and timely manner.
- Fabricate proteins necessary for impending service.
- Inspect and maintain the cleanliness and organization of kitchen and all workstations. Rectify any deficiencies.
- Check P.O.S. terminals and ensure that ALL printers have paper and are in working order.
- Inform Chef and/or Front of the House manager and service staff of any shortages or 86’d items effecting the restaurant menu(s). Keep Front of House abreast of quantities of any specials or items that may run out BEFORE they run out.
- Assist Line Cooks whenever necessary to ensure the highest quality items are reaching our guests.
- Assistance should be given BEFORE a situation becomes critical.
- Organize and maintain production via prep lists and/or production lists as formulated by Exec. Chef and Sous Chefs.
- Maintain proper storage of all products as specified by Health Department, Exec. Chef and Resort requirements.
- Direct and assist stewards in order to make clean-up efficient.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls in product utilization in order to attain forecasted food cost.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to department standards:
- Return all food items in clean containers to proper storage areas.
- Rotate food items as necessary.
- LABEL AND DATE ALL FOOD ITEMS ALWAYS!
- Organize all storage areas.
- Clean food prep areas and work stations, reach-ins, walk-in and shelves.
- Ice down any hot items (sauces, stocks, soups, etc.) and put away when cool.
- Turn off all equipment.
- Ensure that closing steward(s) are on track with closing clean-up.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Line Cook or Rounds Cook in a Fine Dining environment.
- Ability to competently work all stations in kitchen.
- Food handling certificate.
- Able to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate in English with co-workers, guests and management to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Versatility, discipline, organization, strong work ethic and sense of teamwork.
- Prior Sous Chef or supervisory experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
- Current sanitation training certificate.
Blue Sky Utah. Forty six luxurious rooms and suites on 3,500 secluded acres, all with stunning Wasatch Mountain views. A stream flows year-round, and wildlife abounds. Wander the property on foot or horseback in warmer months or cross country skis and snow-shoes in winter. Every mountain activity imaginable is at your fingertips, while the Spa at Blue Sky, High West Distillery and five-star dining are just outside your front door.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Back of House
This is a full time position