LUXURY WITH WILD ABANDON
Situated on 3,500 acres of lush ranch land outside of Park City, Utah,
The Lodge at Blue Sky invites guests to slow down and forge meaningful connections with the land, animals and people that call Blue Sky home.
Owners Mike + Barb Phillips are genuine stewards of the earth. Together they have designed five mediums through which guests can reconnect with the natural world:
The understated elegance & organic architecture of Blue Sky’s 46 rooms + suites; nourishing mountain modern cuisine utilizing storied, sustainable ingredients;
an iconic wellness sanctuary perched at the edge of a precipice where earth meets sky; the High West whiskey distillery which lovingly crafts small batch whiskey from grain to glass; and curated activities for guests of all ages which invoke a rich Western heritage.
Blue Sky is a place of soul and spirit, located 40 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport
Position Title: Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Location: The Lodge At Blue Sky
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
To assist in managing the daily operation of Housekeeping and Laundry.
- Assist in the management of the operation of Housekeeping and Laundry. Ensure the highest possible degree of cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic value is achieved.
- Assist in cleaning/servicing and/or inspecting studios as necessary to ensure availability for guests
- Implement departmental standards, policies and procedures to ensure consistent level of cleanliness in guest rooms, public areas, restaurant, spa and pool.
- Display fair treatment and provide supportive documentation with respect to motivating, training, performance evaluations, mentoring, scheduling, recognition and disciplinary action.
- Maintain daily communication with Guest Services to ensure guest expectations and preferences are met; coordinate arrival and departure patterns appropriately.
- Assist in implementing a preventive maintenance program to ensure a positive guest room experience.
- Train room attendants to recognize and appropriately report any deficiencies.
- Participate in daily pre-shift meetings to review all information pertinent to the day's activities, including daily arrivals and standards.
- Assist in preparation of weekly scheduling and daily room assignments and inspections to ensure
- efficient use of labor; daily review of payroll and analysis to budget.
- Assist in the effective management of purchasing process and inventory control of all guest supplies, cleaning supplies and linen.
- Implement an effective “Lost and Found” program including proper logging, storing and follow-up with guests.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies through monitoring usage, training and proper labeling of supplies in accordance with The Lodge At Blue Sky safety program.
- Implement a key control program to ensure and safe and secure work environment.
- Ensure proper image is being maintained by all associates with respect to grooming and uniform
- Make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest
- Respond properly and take a supervisory role in any property emergency or safety situation.
- Participate in and support resort and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Minimum three years as Assistant Executive Housekeeper in a luxury resort environment
- Excellent spoken and written English knowledge, bi-lingual helpful
- Demonstrates dynamic management skills; good judgment and common sense
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct
- spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to input and access data in a computer
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- Ability to motivate assigned staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to motivate assigned staff training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to focus attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resort guests and pertinent resort information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and resort property.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- At least two years’ experience working in a resort reservations capacity.
- Knowledge Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of the local geographic area, competitors, and business trends.
- Knowledge of destination, activities, food & beverage and spa
- Knowledge of customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule, to include weekend and evenings as needed for the benefit of
- Some U.S. and International travel may be required
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
Blue Sky Utah. Forty six luxurious rooms and suites on 3,500 secluded acres, all with stunning Wasatch Mountain views. A stream flows year-round, and wildlife abounds. Wander the property on foot or horseback in warmer months or cross country skis and snow-shoes in winter. Every mountain activity imaginable is at your fingertips, while the Spa at Blue Sky, High West Distillery and five-star dining are just outside your front door.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a full time position