LUXURY WITH WILD ABANDON
Situated on 3,500 acres of lush ranch land outside of Park City, Utah,
The Lodge at Blue Sky invites guests to slow down and forge meaningful connections with the land, animals and people that call Blue Sky home.
Owners Mike + Barb Phillips are genuine stewards of the earth. Together they have designed five mediums through which guests can reconnect with the natural world:
The understated elegance & organic architecture of Blue Sky’s 46 rooms + suites; nourishing mountain modern cuisine utilizing storied, sustainable ingredients;
an iconic wellness sanctuary perched at the edge of a precipice where earth meets sky; the High West whiskey distillery which lovingly crafts small batch whiskey from grain to glass; and curated activities for guests of all ages which invoke a rich Western heritage.
Blue Sky is a place of soul and spirit, located 40 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport
Position Title: Spa Supervisor
Location: The Lodge At Blue Sky – Wanship, Utah
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Spa Manager
Work with the Director of Spa to coordinate all aspects of Spa Boutique including buying, merchandising, up selling, and inventory. Supervise and assist spa staff in providing a unique and outstanding spa experience for The Lodge At Blue Sky guests and members.
- Work closely with the Spa Manager to coordinate all aspects of the Spa Boutique including customer assistance, product education, up-selling, monthly inventory counts, receiving, and merchandising of retail merchandise.
- Attend seasonal buying shows with the Spa Manager, make decisions on apparel and product mix.
- Create a seasonal buying plan for all merchandise and adhere to budget set forth for each quarter.
- Establish and maintain excellent vendor relations, ensuring merchandise arrives on time in good condition. Reorder merchandise as stock levels require.
- Perform spa supervisory functions including planning, directing, assigning and monitoring the work of Spa Coordinator staff.
- Assist Spa Manager with the training of spa Coordinators and Sales Assistants. Maintain protocols so they are current with daily tasks. Ensure that new associates have successfully completed their training and can work alone on their shift.
- Address complaints and resolve guest and associate problems in the absence of Spa Manager.
- Schedule and accurately input spa services and information using booking system.
- Detect and prevent any problems with spa scheduling. Review following day’s appointment schedule.
- Reconcile treatment and billing discrepancies which occur during shift.
- Follow telephone procedures as dictated by spa and The Lodge At Blue.
- Follow-up with Spa Manager on all comments, concerns and suggestions made by The Lodge At Blue guests and staff members.
- Ensure smooth flow of operations by coordinating guest and therapist flow.
- Work closely with the Spa Operations Supervisor to report operational problems and ensure that maintenance issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Continually strive to improve the procedures at the spa coordinator desk.
- Attend all spa meetings, training sessions, and resort meetings as scheduled.
- Schedule spa staff for meetings and training sessions and ensure their attendance.
- Explain and promote all spa facilities, services, and activities.
- Maintain helpful, cooperative relations with co-workers.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standard of excellence in professional image and service.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Write and present associate reviews by due date.
- Document any associate disciplinary issues in accordance with The Lodge At Blue standards.
- 1-3 years experience customer service and supervisory experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in retail sales and buying.
- Intermediate level computer skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent; college coursework desirable.
- Ability to work in an environment infused with a variety of scents, such as aromatherapy candles.
- Ability to clearly, legibly, and pleasantly communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to compute intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Intermediate level computer literacy. Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to input and access data in a computer, 10 key by touch preferable.
- Ability to process cash, credit and in-house billing transactions.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to ascertain caller's needs and comply with such to ensure caller's satisfaction
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest and resort information.
- Ability to promote positive relations with all telephone callers.
- Ability to be well organized, focus on multiple tasks, think clearly and follow up.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to process spa reservation requests efficiently.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
Blue Sky Utah. Forty six luxurious rooms and suites on 3,500 secluded acres, all with stunning Wasatch Mountain views. A stream flows year-round, and wildlife abounds. Wander the property on foot or horseback in warmer months or cross country skis and snow-shoes in winter. Every mountain activity imaginable is at your fingertips, while the Spa at Blue Sky, High West Distillery and five-star dining are just outside your front door.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Spa Advisor
This is a full time position