LUXURY WITH WILD ABANDON
Situated on 3,500 acres of lush ranch land outside of Park City, Utah,
The Lodge at Blue Sky invites guests to slow down and forge meaningful connections with the land, animals and people that call Blue Sky home.
Owners Mike + Barb Phillips are genuine stewards of the earth. Together they have designed five mediums through which guests can reconnect with the natural world:
The understated elegance & organic architecture of Blue Sky’s 46 rooms + suites; nourishing mountain modern cuisine utilizing storied, sustainable ingredients;
an iconic wellness sanctuary perched at the edge of a precipice where earth meets sky; the High West whiskey distillery which lovingly crafts small batch whiskey from grain to glass; and curated activities for guests of all ages which invoke a rich Western heritage.
Blue Sky is a place of soul and spirit, located 40 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport
POSITION TITLE: CATERING SALES MANAGER
LOCATION: THE LODGE AT BLUE SKY-- WANSHIP, UT
DEPARTMENT: SALES AND MARKETING
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Marketing and General Manager
Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
This position involves the sales of Catering & Event functions at The Lodge at Blue Sky. Responsible for pro-active direct sales, marketing, appointments, site inspections, on-site coordination and communication with all relevant department heads. Works as a liaison to client and hotel to create unique and memorable experiences for our guests. Travel may be required to represent hotel at various trade shows and exhibits.
The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is innovative, results-driven with a desire to exceed customer expectations. Strong relationships within the Park City and Salt Lake City communities are critical. Exceptional business acumen with attention to detail, forecast accuracy, budget preparation. Focused on revenue generation with differentiating strategies. A leader and active member of the team, handling high profile catering and events. Willing to roll-up their sleeves to make things happen.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Actively solicit business from the local community for business into Yuta, the main restaurant at Blue Sky and function spaces.
- Work with PR company to promote special events.
- Solicit business for Sundance Film Festival events, wedding business and holiday parties.
- Work with the onsite team to design special dining events and experiences that will help to increase business and visibility within the local market.
- Liaise with the Senior Event Manager to ensure BEOs and group resumes are developed and circulated to the team as needed.
- Assist with converting group business by conducting site tours of the Lodge, restaurant, spa, and special event spaces.
- Strong financial acumen with experience completing accurate forecasts.
- Establishing and executing an annual Strategic Plan and Financial Budget.
- Assist with development of sales and marketing collateral for dining and function spaces.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Menu Tastings and Planning Site Visits.
- Demonstrates professional and confident communication skills with clients and staff.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Solicits new, and builds on existing, catered contracted business to exceed revenue goals.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Able to support the resort’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Work closely with Director of Sales and Marketing to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Develop strong relationships with on-property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24-hour response timeline to clients.
- High School Graduate (required)
- College Education (preferred)
- Proven success in a similar role, prefer 4 years of Sales, Catering, Event & Wedding experience in a luxury market.
- Experience in hotel sales is required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to independently solve problems with several variables. Ability to create, negotiate and defend contracts, addendums and other contractual obligation documents.
- Ability to negotiate, sell and influence group business decision makers and influencers.
- Ability to research and identify top prospects for growth of an existing account and develop new accounts.
- Ability to be self-motivated and achieve goals with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of information.
- Knowledge of sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, Powerpoint, Linkedin, Salesforce).
- Excellent spoken and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team from a remote sales office.
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to owners, guests, executives, managers and employees.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one, small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to sell ideas persuasively and energetically.
- Ability to coach and mentor on property sales assistants..
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial data.
- Ability to maintain high level of organization.
- Ability to embody company’s mission, vision & culture.
- Ability to use systems and equipment including personal computer, fax machine, copier, calculator, MS office, property management system, and other software/machinery as required.
- Ability to plan and execute sales trips on budget and in compliance with corporate travel policy.
- Excellent fluency in English.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy, prioritize, and organize.
- Ability to remain calm when resolving problems using good judgement.
- Ability to work cohesively with co workers from a remote office.
- Delphi database system.
- Salesforce software for account management.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing.
- Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm's’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About The Lodge at Blue Sky
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Blue Sky Utah. Forty six luxurious rooms and suites on 3,500 secluded acres, all with stunning Wasatch Mountain views. A stream flows year-round, and wildlife abounds. Wander the property on foot or horseback in warmer months or cross country skis and snow-shoes in winter. Every mountain activity imaginable is at your fingertips, while the Spa at Blue Sky, High West Distillery and five-star dining are just outside your front door.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Sales & Marketing
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs