LUXURY WITH WILD ABANDON
Situated on 3,500 acres of lush ranch land outside of Park City, Utah,
The Lodge at Blue Sky invites guests to slow down and forge meaningful connections with the land, animals and people that call Blue Sky home.
Owners Mike + Barb Phillips are genuine stewards of the earth. Together they have designed five mediums through which guests can reconnect with the natural world:
The understated elegance & organic architecture of Blue Sky’s 46 rooms + suites; nourishing mountain modern cuisine utilizing storied, sustainable ingredients;
an iconic wellness sanctuary perched at the edge of a precipice where earth meets sky; the High West whiskey distillery which lovingly crafts small batch whiskey from grain to glass; and curated activities for guests of all ages which invoke a rich Western heritage.
Blue Sky is a place of soul and spirit, located 40 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport
ABOUT THE LODGE AT BLUE SKY: Nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges, a mold-breaking and highly-anticipated concept in hospitality is emerging...The Lodge at Blue Sky sits on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands, just a few short minutes from Park City, and its unique philosophy fosters, in equal measure, unmatched luxury and uninhibited adventure. Prestigious industry publications including Travel and Leisure and Forbes have singled out The Lodge at Blue Sky as one of the most sought-after destination hotels in the world this year. When it opens its doors for the first time in May of 2019, the Auberge Resort Group Family looks forward to welcoming guests to share in the Soulful Journey that guides every aspect of this one-of-a-kind resort’s operations.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is pleased to invite qualified and passionate candidates to join our Family in growing strong roots in our local and global community, being responsible stewards of the land we love, experiencing meaningful adventures, and nurturing our connections with people and other living creatures, every single day. The Lodge at Blue Sky believes that our mission to provide luxury with wild abandon to our guests can only be fulfilled by nurturing, valuing, and empowering our employees
to be their best selves, and giving our best in return. Our employee culture sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in our genuine appreciation of and respect for our team members, and we are dedicated to providing the best employee experience possible for our team by pairing people with positions that both challenge and enrich them, as well as offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
DEPARTMENT: Restaurant /Bar
POSITION: HEAD BARTENDER, The Lodge at Blue Sky
Place of Work: Bar, Restaurant, Event Spaces as needed
Job Overview: Responsible for the management and creation of all aspects and functions of the Beverage Operation, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. As implemented by F&B Manager. Active creation & development of Bar & Beverage Program for the hotel
Reports To: Director of Operations/F&B Manager/Restaurant Manager
Specifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
1. High school graduate, some college.
2. Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
3. Five years experience as a Supervisor, or equivalent/service and bartending experience.
4. Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service standards.
5. Familiarity with food/beverage and labor cost controls
1. Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
2. Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
3. Any previous Culinary training.
4. Certification in alcohol awareness program.
5. Certification in C.P.R.
6. Computer training.
1. Ability to enforce hotel’s standards, policies and procedures with bar staff.
2. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work.
3. Ability to direct performance to bar staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
4. Ability to motivate bar staff and maintain a positive, cohesive team.
5. Ability to ascertain bar training needs and provide such training.
6. Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgement.
7. Ability to focus attention on details.
8. Ability to suggestively sell menu items, beverages and wines.
9. Ability to input and access information into P.O.S. system.
10. Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
11. Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
12. Ability to interact positively with intoxicated and/or problem guests.
13. Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
14. Ability to work without direct supervision.
15. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
16. Ability to provide legible communication.
17. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
18. Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, follow up and work well under pressure.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous to guests and coworkers.
Desirable: 1. Previous guest relations training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Create and/or Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in outlets.
b) The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
c) Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
d) All bar menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
e) Daily specials, 86'd items.
f) Bar layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code.
g) P.O.S. and manual procedures.
h) Daily house count, arrivals/departures, V.I.P.s.
i) Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
j) Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
k) All department policies/service procedures.
2) Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
3) Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
4) Maintain par levels for supplies, liquor, beer, wine and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
5) Ensure that transfer slips and spill sheets are filled out and distributed in accordance with departmental standards.
6) Ensure that each liquor bottle ordered is backed up by an exchange of an empty bottle of same liquor.
7) Inspect quality and amounts of garnishes, ensuring agreement to departmental standards.
8) Inspect bar set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement to departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
9) Inspect all aspects of the outlet environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies.
10) Maintain a current drink recipe book/list at each bar outlet.
- Meet with the Chef to review daily specials, and 86'd items. Ensure that staff are aware of such.
- Periodically check with the Front Desk to review updates on house count and arrivals.
- Review sales and beverage costs for previous days; resolve discrepancies with Accounting.
- Be aware of weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for staff.
- Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Coordinate music, ensuring correct volume and appropriateness to clientele.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Review the reservation book.
- Ensure that specified amount of menus and wine lists are available and in good condition for each meal period. Ensure that daily specials are inserted into each menu.
- Check the pick-up station and side stations, ensuring agreement to standards of cleanliness, supply of stock and organization.
- Ensure that tables are seated to best service the guests.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle extended waiting lines.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the six step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and handle problems with intoxicated guests and/or altercations.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Check the status of all orders and ensure that they are prepared and delivered within designated time lines in accordance with departmental standards.
- Monitor and ensure that all tables are cleared and reset according to department procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment, supplies and work areas.
- Monitor the set-up, service and breakdown of all banquet bar functions. Complete consumption reports and bar checks for each.
- Assist bar staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Answer outlet phone within 2 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Access all functions of the P.O.S. system in accordance to specifications.
- Handle voided checks in accordance with Accounting procedures.
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments. Ensure all cashiering procedures are processed in compliance with Accounting procedures.
- Issue manual checks when the system is down and ensure accountability of such.
- Run system closing reports and ensure that all server’s checks are closed before they sign out.
- Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
- Conduct a 1-week formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation with new hires. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to hotel standards.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Respond to all pages by beeper promptly.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Document pertinent information in department log book.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming supervisor.
- Ensure that all bars are secure when not open for business.
- Complete and direct scheduled inventories.
- Prepare weekly forecast of revenues, covers and labor costs.
- Assist in conducting monthly departmental meetings.
- Attend designated meetings, menu and wine tastings.
- Interview bar applicants.
- Assist in developing new drink recipes with garnishes.
- Assist in completing departmental filing.
- Update P.O.S. menu changes.
About The Lodge at Blue Sky
NOTE:A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. Al duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Blue Sky Utah. Forty six luxurious rooms and suites on 3,500 secluded acres, all with stunning Wasatch Mountain views. A stream flows year-round, and wildlife abounds. Wander the property on foot or horseback in warmer months or cross country skis and snow-shoes in winter. Every mountain activity imaginable is at your fingertips, while the Spa at Blue Sky, High West Distillery and five-star dining are just outside your front door.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Front of house
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs