The Banquet Captain is responsible for the direction and execution of special events and banquets for all Company venues and outlets in accordance with The Lodge at Blue Sky standards. They direct, implement and maintain a service standard and team philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. The Banquet Captain is responsible for all facets of banquet operations including, but not limited to, revenue achievement, cost control, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, budgeting, forecasting, standard development/maintenance, and staff development.
Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu selections available in all outlets.
- Venue layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacities, hours of operation, price ranges, and dress code.
- POS and manual procedures.
- Daily house counts, arrivals/departures, GOIs.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Daily/weekly management of missed punches, punch edits and weekly gratuity management per The Lodge at Blue Sky policy and Utah law.
- Team Member handbook: enforce and adhere to The Lodge at Blue Sky policies.
- Strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
- See that scheduled inventories (food, beverage, china, glass, silver, linen & liquor) are accurately performed.
- Approve all Banquet invoices. Ensure that invoices are coded correctly and are forwarded to Accounting Office in a timely manner.
- Manage BEOs accurately and in a timely manner from initiation to execution, partnering with appropriate business partners.
- Lead all pre-shift meetings while on property.
- Compile and fill all banquet requisitions and provide floor plan set up assistance etc.
- Monitor service standards compliance, venue operations, and staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to department standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Responsible for all Banquet Team staff performance evaluations, making sure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Inspect all aspects of the Banquet venue environment, ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies.
- Review all BEOs for GOIs and special requests. Ensure that staff is informed.
- Be familiar with all resort service/features and local attractions and activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct appropriate daily, weekly, monthly staff meetings.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and team morale.
- Assist with the development of annual F&B budget; this is to include: average checks (food, liquor/beer and wine) and cover counts by outlet and by meal period, labor (staffing guides) by department, cost of sale percentages, and other expenses.
- Set pars for china/glass/silver & linen for Banquet venues as needed.
- Stay current on industry trends and competition.
- Take necessary steps to ensure achievement of all financial goals.
- Assist with determination of banquet pricing to include room rental fees, food and beverage cost, corkage charges, etc.
- Participate in and support resort and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Attend designated meetings, menu and wine tastings. Lead daily line-ups.
- Stay current on Blue Sky wine list.
- Expedite on the floor or in kitchen as business demands.
- Maintain china, glass, silver and F&B linen inventory spreadsheets as relate to banquet. Updating price changes monthly.
- Attend off-property events as The Lodge at Blue Sky/Yuta representative as time permits.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food and beverage management.
- Two years experience as an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager or Banquet Manager, preferably at a Mobil four star (or equivalent) or better resort.
- Current manager’s food handling certificate.
- Current manager’s On-Premise Alcohol Service certification.
- Knowledge of various food services styles
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and coworkers to their understanding.
- Ability to communicate legibly.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with food/beverage and labor cost control.
- Strong knowledge of wines, with focus on Napa Valley and California wineries and appellations.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Resort Management or Business Management.
- Previous experience in food service, preferably front- and back-of-house.
- Ability to communicate in a language other than English, preferable French, German or Spanish.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and food service.
- Certification in CPR.
- Computer training, preferably in Agylisis, HMS, Hot SOS, and Google Suite.
- Certification in management training.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Ability to enforce resort’s standards, policies and procedures with/through F&B staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work and follow-up as necessary to receive desired result.
- Ability to direct performance of Banquet staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Ability to motivate Banquet staff and develop and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to ascertain training needs and provide the Banquet staff appropriate training.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercising good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to suggestively sell menu items, beverages, and wines; train Banquet personnel to in same.
- Ability to input and access information into POS system.
- Ability to interact positively with intoxicated and/or problem guests.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to ensure the security and confidentiality of guest and resort information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Blue Sky Green Team program.
- Knowledge of Agylisis, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of the local geographic area, competitors, and business trends.
- Knowledge of destination, activities, food & beverage and spa
- Knowledge of Agylisis, gourmet food and beverage background, knowledge of (high-end) industry publications, and customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule, to include weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed for the benefit of departmental coverage.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Constant need to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Front of house
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs