The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for pro-active direct sales, marketing, appointments and site inspections with potential clients as well as on-site coordination and communication with department heads. This position will work as a liaison between clients and The Lodge at Blue Sky to create unique and memorable experiences for our guests.
- Actively solicit from the local community for business into Yuta, the main restaurant at Blue Sky and function spaces.
- Work with internal PR company to promote special events.
- Solicit business for Sundance Film Festival events, wedding business and holiday parties.
- Work with the onsite team to design special dining events and experiences that will help to increase business and visibility within the local market.
- Liaise with the Senior Event Manager to ensure BEOs and group resumes are developed and circulated to the team as needed.
- Assist with converting group business by conducting site tours of the Lodge, restaurant, spa, and special event spaces.
- Establishing and executing an annual Strategic Plan and Financial Budget.
- Assist with development of sales and marketing collateral for dining and function spaces.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Rally, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Weekly Operations Meetings, Menu Tastings and Planning Site Visits.
- Demonstrates professional and confident communication skills with clients and staff.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Solicits new, and builds on existing, catered contracted business to exceed revenue goals.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Able to support the resort’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Develop strong relationships with on-property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24-hour response timeline to clients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is innovative, results-driven with a desire to exceed customer expectations. Strong relationships within the Park City and Salt Lake City communities are critical. Exceptional business acumen with attention to detail, forecast accuracy, budget preparation. Focused on revenue generation with differentiating strategies. A leader and active member of the team, handling high profile catering and events. Willing to roll-up their sleeves to make things happen.
- Proven success in a similar role.
- Sales experience within hospitality.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong financial acumen with experience completing accurate forecasts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 4 Years of Sales, Catering, Event and Wedding experience in a luxury market.
- Ability to apply common sense and an understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to independently solve problems with several variables.
- Ability to create, negotiate and defend contracts, addendums and other contractual obligation documents.
- Ability to negotiate, sell and influence group business decision makers and influencers.
- Ability to research and identify top prospects for growth of an existing account and develop new accounts.
- Ability to be self-motivated and achieve goals with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of information.
- Knowledge of sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, Powerpoint, Linkedin, Salesforce).
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team from a remote sales office.
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to owners, guests, executives, managers and employees.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one, small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to sell ideas persuasively and energetically.
- Ability to coach and mentor on property sales assistants..
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial data.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization.
- Ability to embody company’s mission, vision & culture.
- Ability to use systems and equipment including personal computer, fax machine, copier, calculator, MS office, property management system, and other software/machinery as required.
- Ability to plan and execute sales trips on budget and in compliance with corporate travel policy.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy, prioritize, and organize.
- Ability to remain calm when resolving problems using good judgement.
- Ability to work cohesively with co workers from a remote office.
- Knowledgeable of the Delphi database system.
- Understanding of Salesforce software for account management.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing.
- Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Sales & Marketing
This is a management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs