The bartenders at The Lodge at Blue Sky are responsible for all beverage orders from the bar, Yuta Restaurant, patio area, pool, spa and room service. They serve guests, take drink orders and create handcrafted cocktails, meeting The Lodge at Blue Sky and Auberge Resorts Collection Standards. The bartender is expected to know the bar menu, have wine knowledge and understand how to craft cocktails, including our specialty cocktails at Blue Sky. They also have the ability to create new cocktails and build onto our menu.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our team members always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain complete knowledge of particular characteristics and description of every wine by the glass and major wine on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wines, beers and non-alcoholic selections available.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table numbers, room capacity, hours of operations, menus, and prices.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; using only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
- Complete opening side duties:
- Check quality and amount of all bar stock and supplies by using a checklist.
- Complete opening inventory sheet.
- Requisition all necessary supplies from the manager.
- Transport supplies from storeroom to designated bars.
- Stock glassware and paper supplies.
- Wipe down bottles in the display cabinet and speed rail.
- Inspect cleanliness and condition of bar and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Prepare garnishes and mixes, log all product requisitioned from the kitchen.
- Replenish supplies in bars throughout shift, including ice.
- Greet guests and take their orders utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques. Properly input orders into the POS system and verify receipt by the kitchen.
- Legibly document orders using the established system when POS is down and verify receipt by the kitchen. Assist bar servers as required.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge guests even when busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of bartop, tables, service areas and outlet itself.
- Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables to the dishwashing area.
- Present guest checks and process payments. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend courteous departures when guests leave the outlet.
- Close all guest checks in the POS system immediately upon payment.
- Clean bar top as guests depart.
- Clean glassware in glass machine/three compartment sink.
- Direct and assist barbacks and cocktail servers in their job functions to ensure smooth and efficient service to guests.
- Clearly communicate last call at designated closing time to guests.
- Ensure maximum usage of all supplies to attain budgeted beverage cost and to prevent waste.
- Complete closing duties:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Empty and drain the ice bin.
- Scrub sink.
- Remove all items from the bar top and tables; place clean items in designated areas; wipe clean all surfaces of bartop and tables.
- Wipe down all bottles and surfaces.
- Clean all bar equipment and tools.
- Remove trash.
- Complete all closing reports in the POS system.
- Assist with weekly/monthly inventories.
- Follow the maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submits to the manager.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives in alignment with Blue Sky values.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Three years experience as a bartender, preferably in a Forbes rated resort.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Knowledge and compliance of all Utah Liquor Laws.
- Current food handling certificate along with a proven understanding of safe food and beverage handling practices.
- Current Alcohol serving certification
- Ability to communicate legibly.
- Professional, polished service, etiquette and protocol skill and knowledge.
- High school graduate or equivalent and some college.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Any previous serving and bartending training.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program
- Prior training in guest relations.
- Ability to anticipate and understand guests’ service needs remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time and make a concise decision in pressure situations.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the event and to exert physical effort in setting up rooms from to specific standards of each event
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours.
- Some off property venues
- Travel in Winter through snow & ice
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges, sitting on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands just moments from Park City.
The Lodge at Blue Sky believes that our mission to provide luxury with wild abandon to our guests can only be fulfilled by nurturing, valuing, and empowering our employees to be their best selves, and giving our best in return. Our employee culture sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in our genuine appreciation of and respect for our team members, and we are dedicated to providing the best employee experience possible for our team by pairing people with positions that both challenge and enrich them, as well as offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Front of house
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs