The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for leading the housekeeping department at The Lodge at Blue Sky. They will work closely with all departments to ensure the cleanliness of our property exceeds guest expectations and meets Auberge standards.
- Oversee the operation of Housekeeping and ensure the highest possible degree of cleanliness, maintenance, and aesthetic value is achieved.
- Lead a team of individuals who instill our ENRICH values
- Develop and implement departmental standards, policies, and procedures to ensure a consistent level of cleanliness in guest rooms, public areas, restaurant, spa, and pool.
- Display fair treatment and provide supporting documentation with respect to motivating, training, conducting performance evaluations, mentoring, scheduling, recognition, and disciplinary action.
- Establish effective daily communication with Guest Services to ensure guest expectations and preferences are met; coordinate arrival and departure patterns appropriately.
- Working closely with the Engineering department, develop and implement a preventive maintenance program to ensure a positive guest room experience. Train room attendants to recognize and appropriately report any deficiencies.
- Implement pre-shift meetings to review all information pertinent to the daily activities, including daily arrivals and standards.
- Hold monthly staff meetings to discuss solutions to problems and any new activities that arise.
- Responsible for weekly scheduling and daily room assignments and inspections to ensure efficient use of labor; weekly review of payroll and analysis to budget.
- Effective management of the purchasing process and inventory control of all guest supplies, cleaning supplies and linen.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Develop and implement an effective “Lost and Found” program including proper logging, storing and follow-up with guests.
- Provide expense and capital expenditure recommendations and reports to include preventive housekeeping maintenance and analysis of loss/usage per occupied room.
- Implement safety regulations resulting in a safe working environment. Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies through monitoring usage, training and proper labeling of supplies in accordance with The Lodge At Blue Sky’s safety program.
- Maintain a key control program to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- Ensure the proper image is being maintained by all associates with respect to grooming and uniform standards.
- Make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenue and reducing costs.
- Respond properly and take a supervisory role in any property emergency or safety situation.
- Learn, understand and implement training and coaching to meet all Forbes Travel Guide 5-Star Standards.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Minimum three years as Housekeeper Manager in a luxury resort environment
- Excellent spoken and written English knowledge
- Demonstrates supervisory skills; good judgment and common sense
- Extensive knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- At least two years of experience working in a resort reservations capacity.
- Experience using Google and Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of the local geographic area, competitors, and business trends.
- Knowledge of destination, activities, food & beverage and spa
- High-end industry publications, and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization's exist.
- General computer skills.
- Ability to motivate the assigned staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to motivate assigned staff training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of resort guests and pertinent resort information.
- Ability to ensure the security of guest room access and resort property.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through with projects and necessary tasks.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, to include weekends and evenings as needed for the benefit of departmental coverage.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- A constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then apply today and talk to us about becoming part of our family.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs