POSITION TITLE: DISHWASHER
LOCATION: THE LODGE AT BLUE SKY-- WANSHIP, UT
DEPARTMENT: FOOD & BEVERAGE
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Steward Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: To assist kitchen staff with any and all duties needed to execute and clean kitchen before, during, and following meal service, with special emphasis on maintaining clean dishes, service items, and cooking implements.
It is one of the most complicated hotel positions in the area of operation, since the Steward always works under pressure and should expect results of great timely quality. The pressure is constant in their day to day work. Punctuality, responsibility, delivery, cooperation and a sense of urgency and a lot of desire to excel are mandatory for a Steward. The current dynamics of the hotel requires this position to have a high availability to work, flexibility in scheduling. The position requires being available to execute functions not considered in the descriptive functions of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Always achieve the satisfaction of our guests through operational support to the kitchen and service.
- Always maintain and in perfect cleaning conditions the different areas of the kitchen areas..
- Always develop a clean work environment of excellent quality to meet the minimum standards
- Handling cleaning products while taking the necessary precautions for each activity.
- Maintain the kitchens in optimal conditions of hygiene, cleanliness, order and safety
- Perform activities always adhering to the minimum quality standards of the Resort
- Always avoid waste and poor handling of supplies to prevent the increase in cost.
- The Stewarding staff member assigned to the recycling area must always and at all times keep the area in order and perfectly clean, disinfected and without odors.
- Always keep a neat image, since you work in food and beverage preparation areas.
- you must mandatorily participate in the service practices that the members of Supervision provide to improve the operation processes.
- Actively participates in the hygiene management programs of Food and Beverages, certifying their accreditation in the training courses and transmitting the hygiene standards with which they must carry out their internal guests in their turn.
- Attend and participate in Rally’s, departmental and general meetings.
- You are responsible for the assembly, operation and dismantling of the events at the Resort
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Adaptation capacity to comply with priority changes of daily tasks.
- Ability to remain extremely alert while operating machinery and operating equipment.
- Ability to exercise physical effort in transportation equipment and utensils.
- Ability to withstand high temperatures, humidity levels and noise in work areas.
- Ability to withstand strenuous physical movements in the performance of work functions
- You must report damage, maintenance problems or safety risks to the Stewarding Supervisor.
- Comply with all regulations of the Department of Health as necessary for the hotel.
- Organize and replenish work areas for the next shift as specified in departmental tasks.
- It is your obligation to participate in work not considered in the job description.
Standard Specifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with fellow Blue Sky team members.
- Ability to support the overall Food & Beverage operations of the property so as to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- ServeSafe certification.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to safely handle all kitchen implements, and stamina to complete a dishwashing shift in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in providing exceptional service in a luxury restaurant environment cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on work assignments.
- Understanding of food and beverage safety practices, as well as safe handling of cleaning chemicals.
Physical Demands: Frequent need to perform the following physical activities:
- Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to provide food service in the restaurant.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Frequent need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio,
- Respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
ABOUT THE LODGE AT BLUE SKY: Nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges, a mold-breaking and highly-anticipated concept in hospitality is emerging...The Lodge at Blue Sky sits on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands, just a few short minutes from Park City, and its unique philosophy fosters, in equal measure, unmatched luxury and uninhibited adventure. Prestigious industry publications including Travel and Leisure and Forbes have singled out The Lodge at Blue Sky as one of the most sought-after destination hotels in the world this year.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is pleased to invite qualified and passionate candidates to join our Family in growing strong roots in our local and global community, being responsible stewards of the land we love, experiencing meaningful adventures, and nurturing our connections with people and other living creatures, every single day. The Lodge at Blue Sky believes that our mission to provide luxury with wild abandon to our guests can only be fulfilled by nurturing, valuing, and empowering our employees to be their best selves, and giving our best in return. Our employee culture sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in our genuine appreciation of and respect for our team members, and we are dedicated to providing the best employee experience possible for our team by pairing people with positions that both challenge and enrich them, as well as offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Back of House
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs