Position Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Location: The Lodge At Blue Sky- Wanship, Utah
Department: Food & Beverage
FLSA: Status: Exempt
Responsible for the direction and management of The Lodge at Blue Sky- Yuta Restaurant, Room Service and pool service in accordance with resort standards. Directs, implements, and maintains a service standard and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Responsible for all facets of Yuta Restaurant, Room Service and pool service including, but not limited to, revenue achievement, cost control, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, budgeting, forecasting, standard development/maintenance, and staff development.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu selections available in all outlets.
- The department’s financial standing at all times (month-to-date and year-to-date).
- Yuta layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacities, hours of operation, price ranges, and dress code.
- POS and manual procedures.
- Daily house counts, arrivals/departures
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Daily/weekly management of missed punches, punch edits and weekly gratuity management per The Lodge at Blue Sky policy and Utah law.
- Associate handbook-Enforce and adhere to The Lodge at Blue Sky policies.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- See that scheduled inventories (food, beverage, china, glass, silver & linen) are accurately performed.
- Approve all Yuta Restaurant, Room Service and pool service-related invoices. Ensure that invoices are coded correctly and are forwarded to Accounting Office in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all revenues and costs are within budgeted parameters.
- Review sales for previous day; resolve discrepancies with accounting. Track revenue against budget. Track labor and costs against the budget.
- Write and review staff schedules. Ensure that they are in accordance with anticipated business demands.
- Attend all pre-shift meetings while on property.
- Approve all non-food and non-beverage, food & beverage item purchase order.
- Constantly monitor Yuta Restaurant, Room Service and pool service staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to department standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Responsible for all Yuta Restaurant, Room Service and pool service staff performance evaluations, making sure they are completed on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with Executive Chef on all menus; this is to include: development, presentation, pricing, pre-implementation tasting, and implementation.
- Inspect all aspects of the F&B environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies.
- Review the restaurant reservations. Check for GOIs and special requests. Ensure that staff is informed.
- Be familiar with all resort service/features and local attractions and activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct appropriate daily, weekly, monthly staff meetings.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and associate morale.
- Oversee the development of annual F&B budget; this is to include: average checks (food, liquor/beer and wine) and cover counts by outlet and by meal period, labor (staffing guides) by department, cost of sale percentages, and other expenses.
- Set pars for china/glass/silver & linen for Yuta Restaurant, Room Service and pool as needed.
- Collect the information to track monthly interdepartmental transfers. Forward to Accounting Office.
- Stay current on industry trends and competition.
- Take necessary steps to ensure achievement of all financial goals.
- Determine all F&B pricing (restaurant/room service, bar, private dining, pool, etc.) to include banquet room rental fees, corkage charges, etc.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend designated meetings, menu and wine tastings. Lead daily line-ups.
- Stay current on The Lodge at Blue Sky/ Yuta’s wine list.
- Expedite on the floor or in kitchen as business demands.
- Maintain china, glass, silver and F&B linen inventory spreadsheets. Updating price changes monthly.
- Attend off-property events as The Lodge at Blue Sky representative as time permits.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in food and beverage management.
- Two years experience as an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, preferably at a Mobil four star (or equivalent) or better resort.
- Food handling certificate.
- Knowledge of various food services styles
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and coworkers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with food/beverage and labor cost control.
- Strong knowledge of wines.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to enforce resort’s standards, policies and procedures with/through F&B staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work and follow-up as necessary to receive desired result.
- Ability to direct performance of F&B staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Ability to motivate F&B staff and develop and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to ascertain training needs and provide the F&B staff such training.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to train staff to suggestively sell menu items, beverages and wines.
- Ability to input and access information into POS system.
- Ability to interact positively with intoxicated and/or problem guests.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and resort information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of the local geographic area, competitors, and business trends.
- Knowledge of destination, activities, food & beverage and spa
- Knowledge of gourmet food and beverage background, knowledge of (high-end) industry publications, and customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule, to include weekend and evenings as needed for the benefit of departmental coverage.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Resort Management or Business Management.
- Previous experience in food service, preferably front- and back-of-house.
- Ability to communicate in a language other than English, preferable French, German or Spanish.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program.
- Certification in CPR.
- Computer training, preferably in Excel, Microsoft Word
- Certification in management training.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Some U.S. and International travel may be required
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Front of house
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs