The banquet servers and bartenders are responsible for taking beverage and food orders, retrieving and serving alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and ordered food to guests’ location according to resort specifications, courteously and efficiently. They will assist in the maintenance of the function areas and equipment at all times and according to function. This role is responsible for the set up of all aspects of Banquet functions, in accordance with The Lodge at Blue Sky standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of use and care of all equipment and utensils.
- Maintaining knowledge of all venues and different event types accommodated at Solage Calistoga.
- Maintaining knowledge of current BEO: Event name and occasion, VIP guest name, time lines and location, menu and beverage, entertainment and special requests.
- Maintain knowledge of all liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes for each event.
- Maintain profound knowledge of all menu items; preparation method, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation. Knowledge of dietary restrictions of served dishes.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, and intoxicated persons.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
- Complete set up according to pre event sheet and pre shift assignments.
- Organize assigned stations and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Retrieve all beverages from your station and serve to guests according to departmental standards and BEO.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Make all varieties of coffee.
- Serve and clear all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guests.
- Understand and anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned stations and service areas.
- Guide the activities of the assigned assistant server, buss person and food runner to ensure optimum service to the guest.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to the dishwashing area or breakdown area.
- Promptly crumb tables after the main course is removed.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
- Extend appreciation for guests’ patronage.
- Clean and reset venue after guest departs according to the event calendar.
- Complete break down duties as assigned.
- Maintain the bar and knowledge of products on the menu for each event.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to the manager.
- Attend the menu and wine tasting as scheduled.
- Attend all banquet staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assisting in manning the dish-pit.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- 1 year experience as a banquet server.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Current food handling certificate.
- Current Alcohol serving certification
- Ability to communicate legibly.
- High school graduate or equivalent and some college.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Any previous serving and bartending training.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program
- Prior training in guest relations.
- Ability to anticipate and understand guests’ service needs remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time and make a concise decision in pressure situation.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the event and to exert physical effort in setting up rooms from to specific standards of each event
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours.
- Some off property venues
- Travel in Winter through snow & ice
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Front of house
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs