Our Banquet Server’s core role is to serve the needs of the business, our guests and our team members by prompt and courteous service delivery in accordance with Auberge Resorts Collection Standards. All members of the Food & Beverage Banquet Department are responsible for ensuring that visitors to the hotel venues and outlets are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings. Within that, the banquet server is one of the most important positions for influencing guest satisfaction. It is crucial that all team members extend service in a professional, friendly, courteous, efficient and timely fashion.
Banquet Servers are responsible for meeting and exceeding guest service needs during setup, execution and takedown of special events and banquets for all company venues and outlets, in accordance with The Lodge at Blue Sky Standards. They assist with all facets of banquet operations as directed.
- Know all menu selections available in all outlets.
- Understand venue layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacities, hours of operation, price ranges and dress code.
- Know in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Participate in all pre-shift meetings while on property.
- Participate in all aspects of maintaining the Banquet venue environment, ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order.
- Ensure familiarity with all BEOs for GOIs, and special requests.
- Be familiar with all resort service/features and local attractions and activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Receive and report guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction by proactively participating in resolution.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Participate in a cooperative working climate, contribute meaningfully to productivity and team morale.
- Participate in and support resort and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Retrieve and serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic averages and food to guest tables
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the restaurant area and equipment.
- Assist with obtaining specific departmental goals and organizational goals.
- Work cohesively with all team members of F&B and Culinary to ensure timely service and a synergistic operation.
- Understand and adhere to all ARC policies and SOPs.
- Maintain full knowledge of the services and facilities provided by the hotel in order to answer any questions the guests may have.
- Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
- Follow all work-related requests made by a Manager or Supervisor which may be outside your normal job activities, to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service throughout the Hotel Venues and Outlets.
- Actively participate in all training meetings, to continually develop professional skills and increase guest satisfaction.
- Clean and break down trays in the dish area, disposing of or returning items into their appropriate bins.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge guests even when busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Extended experience providing service in a fine dining environment.
- Ability to remain calm during busy events and treat our guests and our team members with respect.
- Professional, polished service, etiquette and protocol skills and knowledge.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Current food handling certificate.
- Current Alcohol serving certification
- Ability to communicate legibly.
- High school graduate or equivalent and some college.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Any previous serving and bartending training.
- Forbes Five Star Service Training/Experience
- Prior training in guest relations.
- Ability to anticipate and understand guests’ service needs remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time and make a concise decision in pressure situation.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the event and to exert physical effort in setting up rooms from to specific standards of each event
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours.
- Some off property venues
- Travel in Winter through snow & ice
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Constant need to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Front of house
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs