Engineering Supervisor candidates should possess the ability to lead and train engineering and landscaping staff in all technical and non-technical hotel and landscaping repairs and maintenance. Ability to troubleshoot and repair all hotel systems including all HVACR systems, laundry equipment, kitchen equipment, domestic and wastewater systems, carpentry, tile, plumbing, painting and minor automotive repairs required. Strong organizational skills and maintaining a safe and clean working environment as well as supervising the engineering team when necessary and as directed by the Director of Engineering. Other responsibilities include leading the engineering team through projects from assignment to completion as well as assume the responsibilities of the Director of Engineering in his or her absence.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our team members always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Complete daily shift checklists
- Work with Engineer team to complete all tasks as assigned
- Respond to all radio requests and complete in an orderly and timely manner
- Complete touch up paint, wall repair, and maintain all resort areas as needed, requested or planned.
Minimum of 3-4 year experience in related field.
Must be able to operate all hotel systems and associated equipment.
Need to be familiar with associated vendors and able to identify replacement parts, materials, and necessary tools.
Ability to take action and make decisions whenever necessary as directed by the Director of Engineering.
Minimum of three years hands on experience with electrical motors, HVACR systems and refrigeration systems. Must be familiar with troubleshooting and repair.
Experience with power tool use and safety.
Able to do basic arithmetic.
Ability to follow verbal instruction.
Ability to read and follow directions on warning labels.
Ability to read and follow technical instructions on assembly of mechanical equipment and furniture.
Ability to provide legible written communication.
Ability to communicate in English with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
High school diploma or equivalent, technical school desired.
Valid Utah driver’s license.
Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably spanish.
Apprenticeship as electrician or HVACR technician.
Previous hotel experience.
- Some off property venues
- Travel in Winter through snow & ice
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs