To execute all aspects of meal preparation for Blue Sky Employees in the employee dining room, and to maintain a high level of quality, consistency, and cleanliness in the employee meal service program that reflects Blue Sky’s value of appreciating and nurturing its employees. Be a positive presence in the work lives of Blue Sky staff by providing excellent food, service, and ambiance in employee dining, throughout daily and special occasion meals.
- Work as a team with colleagues in all departments, to ensure timely service and a smooth-running operation.
- Prepare team member meals in accordance with healthy and safe food preparation practices.
- Understand and adhere to all hotel policies and Standard Operating Procedures with regard to food service, how to run the operation, and personal discipline and grooming.
- To execute delivery of meals according to a schedule dictated by the Executive Chef.
- To cooperate with the culinary team to execute food preparation tasks as needed.
- Check out with your Supervisor before leaving your station for any reason.
- Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
- Follow all reasonable work-related requests made by a Manager or Supervisor which may be outside your normal job activities, to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service throughout the Hotel.
- Maintain your station in accordance with standards at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all meal items.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service practices and offerings in the employee dining room.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Actively participate in all training meetings, to continually develop professional skills and increase guest satisfaction.
- Check corridors for trays when moving to or from the main kitchen (Room Service).
- Clean and break down trays in dish area, watching for condiments, salt, pepper, sugars, salt & pepper, etc.
- Anticipate staff needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge employees even when busy.
- Maintain positive employee relations.
- Accept feedback from employees and share with food preparation staff.
- Inform leader on duty of any challenging guest concern.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of tables, service areas in the employee dining area.
- Perform tasks in a team-based environment.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with fellow Blue Sky team members.
- Food service experience.
- Ability to support the overall Food & Beverage operations of the property so as to maximize customer satisfaction, team member performance, and business results.
- Ability to ensure that staff and visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings in the employee dining room.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Professional, polished service, etiquette, and protocol skills and knowledge.
- ServeSafe certification.
- Ability to provide clear and legible written communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to input and access data in a computer.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and designated hotel data.
- Ability to work effectively lead a team in providing exceptional service in a luxury restaurant environment cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on work assignments.
- Understanding of food and beverage safety practices, as well as safe handling of cleaning chemicals.
Frequent need to perform the following physical activities:
- Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to providing food service in the restaurant.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Frequent need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio,
- Respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Back of House
This is a non-management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs