Our James Beard award-winning chef is looking for dedicated culinary professionals to be a part of his culinary team. As a Line Cook, you will plan, prepare, set up, and provide high-quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in designated outlets on and off property, focusing on cooking as a primary job focus. Maintain organization, cleanliness, and sanitation of all work areas and equipment.
A-Line Cook is one of the most important hotel positions in the area of the operation since a Cook III always works under pressure and is expected to have the same results as that of their work peers, they are usually new to the operation and therefore working under intense pressure at all times.
Punctuality, responsibility, delivery, cooperation, and a sense of urgency with a lot of desire to overcome are mandatory for a Line Cook. The current dynamics of the hotel requires in this position, high availability to work, wide disposition of hours as well as creativity and initiative in the face of possible contingencies.
- Maintain a fresh workstation, label all products in your mise en place.
- Follow all cleanliness standard operating procedures.
- Practice efforts to avoid waste and poor handling of supplies to prevent the cost increase.
- Attend and participate in departmental and general meetings as well as daily rallies.
- Comply with all Health Department regulations as required by law and the hotel.
- Build a Professional relationship with the other cooks and the Stewarding team and communicate daily problems to follow and solve.
- Ensure that the recipe guides are followed and that all the dishes are consistent.
- Ensure that the work area is Safe and Clean.
- Perform a daily inventory of meat, fish, and frozen items.
- Keep all perishable items wrapped, labeled, and properly stored.
- Maintain a good work attitude and behavior with your leaders and peers.
- Check the Mise en place at all times and verify that it is ready for service.
- Give Positive feedback and be a positive member of the team.
- Be on time, ready to work, and be an example to follow for team members.
- Support and assist all other cooks with their daily tasks.
- Perform all other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with others.
- Ability to support the overall Food & Beverage operations of the property so as to maximize guest satisfaction, team member performance, and business results.
- Ability to ensure that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
- One year of experience as a Pantry person or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to assist the restaurant manager with the management of Food and Beverage team members in the restaurant to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Professional, polished service, etiquette, and protocol skills and knowledge.
- ServeSafe certification
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on work assignments.
- Understanding of food and beverage safety practices, as well as safe handling of cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and follow-through.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests’ food orders.
- Ability to maintain good coordination.
- Ability to transport cases of received goods to the work station; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line.
- Ability to work a 10-hour shift in hot, noisy, and sometimes close conditions.
- Ability to work with all products and ingredients involved.
- Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ability to differentiate dates.
- Ability to operate, clean, and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to produce centerpiece displays and banquet trays.
- Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
- Ability to expand and condense recipes.
- Ability to produce reactive and artistic food work.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Artistic talent.
Working Conditions: Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature can reach high temperatures for comfort, but it is usually moderate. Noise level is usually moderate.
Frequent need to perform the following physical activities:
- Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to providing food service in the restaurant.
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Frequent need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio,
- Respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Back of House
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs