The Steward's role is to assist kitchen staff with any and all duties needed to execute and clean the kitchen before, during and following meal service. They will have a special emphasis on maintaining clean dishes, service items and cooking tools.
You are right for this job if you like to work in an environment where greatness is expected. Timeliness, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure is key for someone in this role. This is a great entry position to gain experience working in a kitchen at a luxury resort.
- Always achieve the satisfaction of our guests through operational support to the kitchen and service.
- Always maintain in perfect condition the different areas of the kitchen.
- Develop a clean work environment of excellent quality to meet the minimum standards.
- Handle cleaning products while taking the necessary precautions for each activity.
- Maintain the kitchen in optimal condition of hygiene, cleanliness, order, and safety.
- Perform activities adhering to the minimum quality standards of The Lodge at Blue Sky.
- Avoid waste and poor handling of supplies to prevent an increase in cost.
- Keep the recycling area in order and perfectly clean disinfected and without odors.
- Always keep a neat image, since you work in food and beverage preparation areas.
- Must participate in the service practices that the members of Supervision provide to improve the operational processes.
- Actively participate in the hygiene management programs of Food and Beverages, certifying their accreditation in the training courses and transmitting the hygiene standards with which they must carry out their internal guests in their turn.
- Attend and participate in Rally’s, departmental and general meetings.
- Responsible for the assembly, operation, and dismantling of the events at the Resort
- Adaptation capacity to comply with priority changes in daily tasks.
- Report damage, maintenance problems or safety risks to the Stewarding Supervisor.
- Comply with all regulations of the Department of Health as necessary for the hotel.
- Organize and replenish work areas for the next shift as specified in departmental tasks.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with fellow Blue Sky team members.
- Ability to remain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our team members with respect.
- Professional, polished service, etiquette, and protocol skills and knowledge.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Current food handling certificate.
- Ability to communicate legibly.
- High school graduate or equivalent and some college.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and food service.
- Any previous experience running a fast-paced dish pit.
- Forbes Five Star Service Training/Experience
- Ability to remain extremely alert while operating machinery and operating equipment.
- Ability to exercise physical effort in transportation equipment and utensils.
- Ability to withstand high temperatures, humidity levels, and noise in work areas.
- Ability to withstand strenuous physical movements in the performance of work functions
- Ability to anticipate and understand guests’ service needs remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time, and make a concise decision in pressure situations.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the event and to exert physical effort in setting up rooms from to specific standards of each event
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours.
- Some off-property venues
- Travel in Winter through snow & ice
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- The constant need to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Food & Bev Back of House
This is a non-management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs