If you have experience as a Director of Publicity or multiple years in the classical music PR world, then look no further...this may be your dream job!
This role is for a high-level publicity expert who can manage public relations for clients, pitch media placements around priority campaigns, handle press at events, and oversee managers’ cold pitching and pitching for regional events. The right person will help our staff continue to grow and maximize their skills, while also helping our clients achieve high-level outcomes that propel their careers. The CEO’s time will be freed up to focus on driving business expansion.
Unison Media, based in New York City, is a market-leading, integrated music company with a new vision of how classical music, opera, and the performing arts can be promoted. Our work ranges from publicity and branding to websites, social media, and digital marketing. We also run a pair of concert series (The Crypt Sessions and The Angel’s Share) in a Crypt in Harlem and a Catacomb in Brooklyn, that have been featured everywhere from The New York Times to NPR to Vogue.
We work with visionary artists and institutions in classical music, opera, and the performing arts, using our unique integrated approach to branding, marketing, publicity, and social media to maximize their exposure, build their momentum, and give them the artistic impact they deserve.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…
You are an experienced publicity and media expert who can lead our publicity efforts and guide a team of publicity & social media managers, and possess...
- Knowledge of Classical Music and Opera Media – You should have a solid working knowledge of the U.S. Classical Music & Opera media - print, radio, and online outlets. You should know who Alex Ross is, and should have exchanged emails with him before….You should also know who Schubert is, and should not have exchanged emails with him.
- Leadership experience - We are the sum of all our parts. With many moving targets and irons in the fire, the ability to coordinate, inspire, and coach our amazing team will help ensure the outcomes our clients have come to expect of us.
- Resourcefulness – Every day will present new adventures and challenges, and while you’ll have plenty of support in all that you do, we want someone who approaches problems as opportunities. Basically, you should be like the classical music MacGyver (too young for the reference? Google it.)
- Insanely great communication skills - It should be a giddy pleasure to interact with you. People should jump out of bed each morning with dizzying anticipation at the thought of hearing your sweet, sweet voice.
- A flexible schedule - You'll need to be willing to work nights and weekends when we have concerts and events, after hours on occasion if the need should arise, and be willing to manage a crisis whenever it might occur.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO
- You will drive pitching and earned media strategy, ensuring that we’re securing meaningful placements for our ongoing clients and generating successful levels of exposure on all campaigns.
- Lead a team of Publicity & Social Media Managers, guiding their cold pitching/regional event publicity efforts, tracking their results, supporting them in client relations.
- Working with CEO on publicity for top-priority clients
- Writing press releases, bios, etc for clients
- Help continue to refine structures and workflows
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Media Expertise & strong press contacts in the classical music world (local & national)
- Leadership and management experience
- Strong writing skills
- Incredible communication skills
- Highly organized
- Critical Thinking
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO GET
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance, Vision, Dental, Pet
- Flexible schedule (remote work at times)
- Travel for work (couple times per year)
- Free concert attendance
- Empowering work environment (thoughts and ideas on how we can improve, things we can implement, are welcome)
Location: New York, New York
Hours: 45-50 hours per week; full-time.Company Website: https://www.unison.media/
This is a management position
This is a full time position