Role: F&B Supervisor
Reporting to: F&B Manager
Role based: Vanderbilt – Newport, RI
Why This Job Exists:
Oversee the restaurant outlet focusing on guest satisfaction, colleague training, and service quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the F&B management in the operation of the Roof Top seasonal restaurant and other outlets as needed.
- Relate with guests about their needs and satisfaction levels while in the F&B outlets.
- Consistently maintain The Vanderbilt service standards.
- Ensure first quality Food and Beverage service is delivered
- Conduct pre-meal informational briefing with staff so they are knowledgeable about dishes, cooking methods, menu items, specials, etc.
- Behave as a role model, communicate effectively with employees, acting as a motivating influence, training all new team members.
- Train and supervise the correct Micros system procedures are in place.
- Supervise and support the cleaning, clearing and resetting dining room tables as needed. Ensure that serving stations are well-stocked at all times.
- Supervise the accuracy of the guest check and collect payment or signature, as required.
- Ensure all the food & beverage equipment are well kept and clean.
- Supervise the alcoholic/non-alcoholic service in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Assist in preparation of staff schedules, maintaining adherence to wage control.
- Ensure respect of safe
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 3 year experience in food service/hospitality
Hospitality Certificate or Degree preferred.
Serve Safe Certification highly appreciated.
Excellent knowledge of food and wine is a must as well as fine dining operations Superior professional appearance and manner
Attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented.
Honest and energetic work ethic.
How You Can Succeed in This Role:
Working at Auberge Resort Collection Hotels can offer an opportunity to build a life-long career where you can grow beyond your limits. Our people are:
Excellence - Strive to be the best. Find solutions to challenges in order to continually improve and deliver exceptional results.
Nurturing - Personal growth drives us. We reach higher by being collaborative and team-oriented.
Respectful - Treat others and the world around us as we would like to be treated.
Individual - Everyone has something to give. Value each person’s individuality and unique value.
Curious - Celebrate creativity and embrace new experiences.
Heartfelt - Warm and Present, we have a true heart for hospitality, creating joy and happiness.
This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and please be advised that the duties and responsibilities may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a full time position