Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Night Auditor acts as an ambassador for the Vanderbilt by providing superior service to our guests. He/she ensures that all day to day department operations are well performed with regards to guests’ assistance with front office procedures, room reservations, dining and spa reservations, Soulful Journey amenities and experiences as well as any other Front Office service as required.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Welcome and greet Guests, ensuring a prompt and courteous service is always provided and is in line with the Auberge Resort Collection quality and service standards
- Act as an ambassador of The Vanderbilt by providing Guests any reservations, information, amenities, area attractions, hotel, dining, and spa booking, as needed
- Organize and maintain the Front Desk counter, ensuring that all materials and supplies are readily available and accessible to expedite smooth departmental out procedures
- Assist Guest during check in and out process in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure correct billing arrangement is provided according to Front Office policies and procedures
- Perform nightly walk around of the facilities to ensure everything is satisfactory to standards
- Is familiar with all Vanderbilt facilities. Must be able to address, assist and actively sell services to guests
- Respond promptly and tactfully to Guest complaints, always providing excellent services to maintain guest satisfaction
- Maintain excellent communication within Front Office team as well as other departments in the hotel
- Works overnight shift, 11pm – 7am
- 3 years of experience in luxury hospitality preferred
- Hospitality Certificate or Degree preferred
- Upholds a professional appearance and manner
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Reading, Writing and oral proficiency in the English language are essential
- Must have good computer skills, working with Hotel Management Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Attentive, friendly, honest, energetic, courteous and service oriented person
- Ability to handle conflict management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to relate to all levels of management, colleagues and guests.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Department: Guest Services
This is a full time position