Company & Property Description
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
About The Vanderbilt, Auberge Resorts Collection
Originally built in 1909 by Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, a scion of the Vanderbilt family, the property is a vintage Newport mansion meticulously restored to its former glory, just minutes from the charming waterfront. Come for elegant fireplaces and museum-quality artwork in the lobby entrance, Christy’s Gallery and Snooker Room—along with pampering worthy of any railway baron. In the summer, enjoy exquisite dining on the Garden Terrace and evening drinks along our popular rooftop bar with sweeping views of Newport Harbor.
Role SummaryAs a member of the Culinary team you will assist the Executive Chef in all aspects of the kitchen and kitchen colleagues. Ensures preparation and serving of all food items for the restaurant, hotel, and special events are to company standard.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Be an ambassador for Auberge properties and role model to the kitchen staff. Maintaining a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality colleagues.
- Train, supervise, support, develop, and guide kitchen colleagues.
- Ensure all staff are up to date on techniques and recipes required in accordance to company standard. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure staff's compliance with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Serve as an expeditor or work the line daily. Ensure food and tickets are handled in accordance with the systems set forth by the Executive Chef.
- Ensure exceptional quality of all ingredients, preparation, and plating of food items
- Be familiar with daily check in/check out counts and reservations in order to establish the day's priorities and assign production and prep task to staff to execute.
- Conducts daily briefings with other management and departmental staff as needed to obtain optimal results.
- Prepare weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs.
- Maintain a position of customer advocacy with staff.
- Accommodate guest requests for changes courteously and professionally.
- Ensure established operational management procedures are completed effectively
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of kitchen work stations with designated supplies, forms and resource materials at all times.
- Monitor and maintain the use of safe food handling procedures as well as a safe working environment by using correct food handling skills and food safety guidelines.
- Oversee that weekly inventory is handled properly and order supplies to stock inventory appropriately, and approved by Executive Chef
- Complete PAR sheets
- Lead Chef when Executive Chef is off duty
- Experience in fine dining restaurant with high volume.
- Experience in small luxury hotels.
- In-depth knowledge of ingredients and techniques used in gourmet kitchens.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form to guests, management and staff
- Set an example of excellence as a leader.
- Computer competency, superb organizational skill and thorough follow through.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position