Company & Property Description
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
About The Vanderbilt, Auberge Resorts Collection
Originally built in 1909 by Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, a scion of the Vanderbilt family, the property is a vintage Newport mansion meticulously restored to its former glory, just minutes from the charming waterfront. Come for elegant fireplaces and museum-quality artwork in the lobby entrance, Christy’s Gallery and Snooker Room—along with pampering worthy of any railway baron. In the summer, enjoy exquisite dining on the Garden Terrace and evening drinks along our popular rooftop bar with sweeping views of Newport Harbor.
Role SummaryAs a member of the housekeeping team you will be responnsible for the cleanliness and order in lobby and common guest areas working closely with housekeeping team members so that laundry and other departmental items are always promptly replenished.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Clean and maintain common areas and assist with guest rooms as necessary, including: dusting, vacuuming, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, trash removal and disposal
- Assist housekeeping staff with laundry removal and departmental offices refills
- Provide assistance to other hotel departments to contribute to the best overall performance
- Perform quality cleaning to meet required standards within set time limits
- Notify housekeeping management about any maintenance, malfunctioning equipment, supplies needed or damage within the area of work
- Performs other duties as requested or deemed necessary by management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Conversational English is a must. Spanish is an advantage.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a hourly positions position