Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Summer 2021 has marked a new era for this historic downtown mansion. With newly reimagined interiors, The Vanderbilt is the modern and stylish destination of Newport. From an airy glass conservatory to a rooftop bar with unforgettable views and a tavern-inspired dining room that opens out onto a sun-dappled, ivy-covered garden. The Vanderbilt is crackling with Gilded Age glamour.
Join our team as a Host for the Vanderbilt, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring outstanding dining at all times.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Consistently offer a professional and friendly greeting
- Ensure that the guest’s needs are being met while they are waiting to be seated.
- Seat them and provide a menu communicating the name of the server assigned to the table
- Consistently maintain The Vanderbilt service standards throughout all F&B departments.
- Answer phones and make dining reservations as needed.
- Understand the responsibilities of the server
- Understand the end of shift reports and the POS system
- Ensure that menus are well-stocked at all times.
- Ensure respect of safe food handling procedures and a safe working environment.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Experience with Open Table a plus
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and elegantly in English.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a hourly positions position