Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Summer 2021 has marked a new era for this historic downtown mansion. With newly reimagined interiors, The Vanderbilt is the modern and stylish destination of Newport. From an airy glass conservatory to a rooftop bar with unforgettable views and a tavern-inspired dining room that opens out onto a sun-dappled, ivy-covered garden. The Vanderbilt is crackling with Gilded Age glamour. Originally built in 1909 by Alfred Vanderbilt of the wealthy Vanderbilt family, The Vanderbilt is a vintage Newport mansion meticulously restored to its former glory, just minutes from the vibrant Newport waterfront.
Responsible for assisting in oversight of all restaurant and beverage operations. To ensure the expectations of our guests are exceeded and staff is properly trained. To strike a balance between customer satisfaction and facilitating smooth-running steps of service, whilst ensuring staff work together as a team.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assist the F&B management in the operation of all F&B outlets.
- Relate with guests about their needs and satisfaction levels while in the F&B outlets.
- Consistently maintain the Auberge Resorts Collection service standards.
- Ensure first quality Food and Beverage service is delivered
- Conduct pre-meal informational briefing with staff so they are knowledgeable about dishes, cooking methods, menu items, specials, etc.
- Behave as a role model, communicate effectively with employees, acting as a motivating influence, training all new team members.
- Train and supervise Lightspeed system procedures
- Supervise and support the cleaning, clearing and resetting dining room tables as needed. Ensure that serving stations are well-stocked at all times.
- Supervise the accuracy of the guest check and collect payment or signature, as required.
- Ensure all the food & beverage equipment are well kept and clean.
- Supervise the alcoholic/non-alcoholic service in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Assist in preparation of staff schedules, maintaining adherence to wage control.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Previous supervisory experience in a restaurant. Five star hotels highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Knowledge of navigating restaurant POS systems.
- Ability to multitask and perform efficiently in a fast paced service environment.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Rhode Island Food Safety Management Certification preferred.
- TIPs Certitification preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position