We will be holding walk-in interviews on Tuesdays January 31st, February 7th, 21st, and 28th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Please first submit an application then come on by!
Title: Part-Time Contracted Esthetician
Reports to: Wellness Curator and General Manager
Location: The Vanderbilt, Newport, RI
Schedule: Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin, Facebook and Pinterest: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Inspired by the insatiable wanderlust and rebellious spirit of Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, the historic downtown mansion once owned by the businessman and scion has been reinterpreted for the modern era as a lively and stylish social destination. From a secret bar tucked into a corner of the sumptuous Doris Duke-inspired parlor to the specially-commissioned series of mysterious and moody old world still lifes sprinkled throughout the foyer and lounge, the scene at The Vanderbilt is crackling with coastal curiosities and alluring eccentricities waiting to be discovered.
Join our team as a contracted Esthetician for The Vanderbilt, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring outstanding treatments at all times.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our leaders and our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Prepare treatment room to client specifications while also adhering to the the Auberge Spa service standards and procedures
- Greet guest warmly and escort guests to and from treatment rooms and attend to any immediate needs throughout the Spa visit
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required
- Ensure guest comfort and safety throughout the treatment
- Provide massage for the neck, hands, and feet when appropriate in accordance with the service provided
- Maintain professional ethics while ensuring personalized service is provided to each guest so they feel their needs are met
- Maintain a work area with necessary supplies. Ensure the room is immaculate at all times (tables draped, counters and products clean) as well as cleanliness of all other spa areas including locker rooms.
- Assist fellow associates with daily operations to support healthy teamwork and contribute to the success of the spa
- Assist fellow associates with coverage of shifts in order to promote teamwork.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention including guest complaints or misconduct
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions, and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available
- Follow all protocols and procedures of treatments
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa. Keeping personal certifications up to date without Management prompting.
- Valid and current certification in the state of Rhode Island from a recognized in institute
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some holidays, according to department needs
- Proof of independent insurance
- Additional certificates for specialty treatments and body treatments preferred and appreciated
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please share with us why you want to become part of our collection.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position