We will be holding walk-in interviews on Tuesdays February 21st and 28th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Please first submit an application then come on by!
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin, Facebook and Pinterest: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Inspired by the insatiable wanderlust and rebellious spirit of Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, the historic downtown mansion once owned by the businessman and scion has been reinterpreted for the modern era as a lively and stylish social destination. From a secret bar tucked into a corner of the sumptuous Doris Duke-inspired parlor to the specially-commissioned series of mysterious and moody old world still lifes sprinkled throughout the foyer and lounge, the scene at The Vanderbilt is crackling with coastal curiosities and alluring eccentricities waiting to be discovered.
ROLE SUMMARYJoin our team as Cook and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, you will be responsible for a station in the kitchen for our Main Dining Room or Roof Deck and to support the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in the day to day operation.
Dates - Approximately May 1st - November 1st
Rate of Pay - $16.00 - 18 depending on experience
In-Country H2B applicants welcome to apply! We are not accepting out of country applicants at this time.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards according to portion standards, within specific time frame, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per The Vanderbilt standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per The Vanderbilt standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean all the kitchen equipment.
- Use safe food handling procedures and maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and food safety guidelines
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Experience working breakfast in a restaurant setting or equivalent Culinary training
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and to read the recipe cards.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 50 pounds.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please share with us why you want to become part of our collection.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a hourly positions position