Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin, Facebook and Pinterest: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Originally built in 1909 by Alfred Vanderbilt of the wealthy Vanderbilt family, The Vanderbilt is a vintage Newport mansion meticulously restored to its former glory, just minutes from the vibrant Newport waterfront. Summer 2021 has marked a new era for this historic downtown mansion. With newly reimagined interiors, The Vanderbilt is the modern and stylish destination of Newport. From an airy glass conservatory to a rooftop bar with unforgettable views and a tavern-inspired dining room that opens out onto a sun-dappled, ivy-covered garden. The Vanderbilt is crackling with Gilded Age glamour.
Join our team as Sous Chef and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, you will be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in all aspects of the kitchen. Ensures preparation and serving of all food items for the restaurant, hotel, and special events are to company standard.
- Be an ambassador for Auberge properties and role model to the kitchen staff. Maintaining a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality colleagues.
- Train, supervise, support, develop, and guide kitchen colleagues.
- Ensure all staff are up to date on techniques and recipes required in accordance to company standards. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure staff's compliance with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Serve as an expeditor or work the line daily. Ensure food and tickets are handled in accordance with the systems set forth by the Executive Chef.
- Exhibit culinary talents by personally performing day-to-day tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Ensure exceptional quality of all ingredients, preparation, and plating of food items
- Be familiar with daily check in/check out counts and reservations in order to establish the day's priorities and assign production and prep tasks to staff to execute.
- Conducts daily briefings with other management and departmental staff as needed to obtain optimal results.
- Prepare weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs.
- Maintain a position of customer advocacy with staff by always finding ways to say “yes” to guest requests. Accommodate guest requests for changes courteously and professionally.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of kitchen work stations with designated supplies, forms and resource materials at all times.
- Monitor and maintain the use of safe food handling procedures as well as a safe working environment by using correct food handling skills and food safety guidelines.
- Oversee that weekly inventory is handled properly and order supplies to stock inventory appropriately, and approved by the Executive Chef.
- Lead Chef when Executive Chef is off duty
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state & federal Health Department regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment
- Maintain and supervise neat professional appearance and observe personal cleanliness rules at all times
- Culinary Certificate or Degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef role
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to departmental and operational needs
- Great communication skills. Confidence and ability to perform under pressure
- Superior professional appearance and manner, good character to work on a fast-paced team
- Experience at a luxury hospitality property
- Food Safety Manager certification
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 50 pounds
- Position requires interactions with Guests and well as with members of staff and the management team.
- $50,000 - 52,000 DOE
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Complimentary daily meal in the staff dining room
- Generous Team Member Stay Program
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please share with us why you want to become part of our collection.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position