Job Summary/Essential Functions
- Provide support and assistance to Contracting Officers in developing acquisition plans, including analyses of approaches, options, strategies, risks, contracting methods, competition, sources, cost and milestone schedules.
- Conduct market research to identify potential sources and existing contract vehicles. Prepare analyses that may include, but not be limited to, assistance in the research of past purchases and current market value of products or services. Potential contract vehicles may include GSA Schedule contracts, Government-wide Agency Contracts, and other agency contracts. Conduct market surveys and prepare written public announcements for Contracting Officer’s approval.
- Provide support to the Contracting Officer prepare written documentation for both informal and formal source selection procedures. Prepare draft source selection plans (SSP) for Contracting Officer’s approval, draft instructions for source selection evaluation board (SSEB) members on roles and responsibilities for Contracting Officer’s approval, assist in ensuring conflict of interest and nondisclosure forms are executed. Develop other pre-award documents that may include Determinations and Findings (D&F), Justifications and Approvals (J&A), and other necessary contract file documents for Contracting Officer’s approval.
- Draft solicitation documents, such as Request for Quotes (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), and/or Combined Synopsis/Solicitations for Contracting Officer approval. Prepare and recommend appropriate solicitation terms and conditions, including unique terms and conditions for Contracting Officer’s approval. Prior to release of solicitations, verify availability of funds and prepare requests for Policy and Legal reviews for submission by the Contracting Officer.
- Work closely with evaluators and Contracting Officers to identify and establish pre-negotiation objectives, assist Contracting Officers with contract negotiations and document the results of negotiations. Prepare contract award documents for Contracting Officer’s execution. Prepare requests for Policy and Legal reviews. Distribute contracts to appropriate parties. Update electronic databases such as HTS, CEFMs, FPDS, PCF and CPARs.
- Prepare documentation of contract modifications, including the exercise of options, through the use of the current contract-writing tool (SPS), for Contracting Officer’s execution. Assist in monitoring contractor compliance in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract, conduct site visits and labor interviews, and bring observed contractor performance problems to the attention of the Contracting Officer. Review contractor invoices for accuracy.
- Monitor Government property disposition and report to Contracting Officer or, if applicable, clearance officer for determination, reconcile financial data, prepare deobligation modifications for Contracting Officer’s execution, obtain release of claims, ensure completion of contractor performance evaluations, recommend resolution of all closeout discrepancies, complete closeout documentation and archive contract files.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Pro programs, and similar office productivity software to produce memorandums, fill in forms, prepare briefings, and track information pertinent to running an office. Track, file, and account for correspondence.
- Learn, use, and suggest improvements for the local filing systems. This includes electronic, share drive, and hard copy. Maintain files pertaining to all duties performed in accordance with statute and regulation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum of 4 years of contracting experience
- Public Trust Position - National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) Clearance
- Intermediate to Expert level working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe PRO, and similar office productivity software.
- Experience using PD2 preferred
- DAWIA or FAC-C certification preferred
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Vision Centric Inc.