Front Office Coordinator/ Medical Assistant
We are seeking a Front Office Coordinator/Medical Assistant who is a self-starter, dependable, independent, patient-focused, and organized with a team-player attitude. Front office coordinators ensure that front office operations at their company run smoothly and efficiently, and have the ability to learn quickly. This position is based in our surgery center in Santa Monica. Occasional travel to our other surgery centers, clinics and central business office may be required. Mileage reimbursement provided. Must have a valid CA driver's license.This position will also require front and back office administrative duties in addition to patient care as assigned by the Nurse Manager.
- Welcome patients and third parties.
- Perform patient registration and collect co-pays.
- Coordinate with office staff for timely care of patients.
- Answer telephone courteously and promptly.
- Interfaces with surgery centers and other clinics to send or receive pertinent medical information
- Follow up on dictated reports for medical records.
- Accomplish assigned projects on time.
- Keep work area organized to improve efficiency.
- Participate in “in-services” to maintain professional competency.
- Build patient charts prior to procedure.
- File patient charts.
- Key data into computer to maintain office, patient and billing records
- Stamp and process outgoing mail.
- Perform additional front office related duties.
- Front Office/back office experience
- Strong customer service skills both in person and on the phone
- Computer literate
- Fast learner; adaptable
- Very strong work ethic and very dependable
- Takes initiative to learn new concepts
- Meticulous, Organized and patient-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Medically knowledgeable and willing to learn
- Positive and friendly disposition
- Hospitality experience a plus
- Handles patients with care and compassion
- Strong follow-up skills
Experience and Education:
- 3+ years as a Certified Medical Assistant
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum of 2-years medical assistant/front office experience.
- High School diploma; some college coursework preferred
- Knowledge in Pain Management, Spine or Orthopedics a plus!
- EMR/EHR experience is a plus!
- Out of Network experience preferred
- Familiarity with Allscripts is a PLUS
- Prior experience in surgical facility a PLUS
- Microsoft Word, Excel
- Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records software experience a plus
- PC computers
Job Type: M- F 8:30am-5pm
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Certified Medical Assistant: at least 3 years
This is a regular full-time position