Position Purpose: The Radiology Technologist needed for an Outpatient Surgery Center, specializing in Pain Management. The RT is responsible for the fluoroscopic x-rays (C-Arm) procedures and other radiation procedures according to facility policy. The Radiation Technologist is responsible to assist with the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse. The Radiation Technologist performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and under the direction of the designated clinical leader/Registered Nurse.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical information with patient’s care under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse and according to facility policy and procedure.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures when providing patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all emergency situations.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care needs in an emergency situation and under direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Initiates and implements basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BCLS) under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to meet patients and family's learning needs as identified in the plan of care under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Orients the patient and family to the patient care environment and facility routines.
- Implements the teaching plan as directed.
- Provides appropriate interventions related to safety issues.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for ongoing education and training and according to facility policy and schedule.
- Functions as a Radiation Technician under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.Knowledge of radiation equipment, including the maintenance and care of equipment.Applies principles of radiation protection.
- Evaluates radiographs for technical quality and stores films according to facility policy and guidelines.
- Maintains documentation, reports, and files according to facility policy.
- Calculates and regulates equipment using established technique, knowledge and skill.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile technique.
- Sets up and operates radiation equipment in operating/procedure rooms.
- Assists physician with imaging procedures.
- Assists patients with pre and post procedures according to facility policy and established guidelines.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary to provide a safe environment for patients, teammates, physicians, guests.
- Safety Officer duties as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by manager.
Education, vocational training, and experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- C-Arm experience is a MUST
- Outpatient Surgery Center; Pain Management experience a MUST
- Completion of an accredited radiology program required.
- 1-2 year experience in radiology.
- Knowledge and understanding of radiology principles and practices.
- Successful completion of BCLS.
- Course within 90 days of employment required or documentation of current BCLS certification.
Physical Requirements :
- Good visual acuity, accurate color vision.
- Ability to lift/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape.
- Per Diem- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and some Mondays
- up to 20 hours/week
This is a per diem position