Virtuoso Medical Management (or VMM) is a medical management company in Southern California, specializing in medical billing, operations, human resources and information technology for medical clinics and surgery centers. Included within the VMM umbrella of companies are Pain Management and Injury Relief Medical Center (PMIR) clinics in Thousand Oaks, Thousand Oaks Surgery Center in Thousand Oaks, and Broadway Surgical Institute in Santa Monica.
- Delivers, sets up, installs, modifies, maintains and services, desktops, laptops, other mobile computer devices, scanners, printers, audio video equipment, and other related peripherals or devices.
- Resolves complex client issues related to desktop and laptop computers, and related software and servers.
- Performs Active Directory maintenance.
- Provides troubleshooting and repairs using remote service software.
- Diagnoses complex problems and repairs hardware.
- Installs, configures, upgrades, and maintains approved software, antivirus software and applications.
- Performs data transfers between devices or computers.
- Instructs users in the basic care and operation of desktop and laptop computers, printers, and other related peripherals.
- Tracks, adds, moves, and changes assets and inventory.
- Prepares written reports.
- May install and configure servers with operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux, and Mac OS).
- Travel locally to satellite offices for onsite repairs.
- Analyzes, plans, implements, and manages IT Projects.
- Gathers and analyzes data to report to Director of Information Technology.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Computer terminology
- Laser and other types of printers
- Operating Systems: Windows OS, Apple Mac OS, and mobile OS (i.e. Android and iOS), Windows Server 2008 and newer, Citrix-based environments
- Knows current best practices and in the configuration, maintenance, repair, and service of personal computers, wired and wireless networks, network servers, network printers, laptops, network switches, and TCP/IP protocols
- Basic network, A/V and VOIP terminology & principles
- Current practices, and materials involved in the configuration, maintenance, repair, and service of personal computers, wired and wireless networks, network servers, network printers, laptops, network switches, Wi-Fi and TCP/IP protocols.
- Safety regulations and practices applicable to electrical and electronic repairs
- IP addressing and subnet schemes
- Copper and fiber cable topologies
- Voice over IP and related technologies
- Basic understanding of HTML and other coding languages
- Prioritize work and multitask
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Analyze and diagnose malfunctions and perform required repairs
- Utilize software tools to troubleshoot desktop/laptop issues
- Research and apply appropriate solutions to IT issues
- Carry out written and oral directions; read and follow logic diagrams and schematics
- Stays informed on new desktop related software applications and deployment
- Multi-task and function in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with frequent changes
- Remain calm and pleasant under stressful situations
- Use the tools and test equipment of the trade with speed and competence
- Work effectively & independently without immediate supervision
- Finish tasks in a timely manner
- Minimum of 3 years work experience performing related duties. Successful completion of course work in information technology may be substituted for the required experience.
- CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent Required, education can be substituted
- CompTIA Network+ Certification or equivalent Preferred, education can be substituted
Special Physical Requirement:
- Ability to lift and carry tools and materials weighing up to 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
This is a regular full-time position